Chapter 8

Chapter 8

~ King Cross Station ~

Lilian was alone when standing on some random platform at Kings Cross station. She was in London, lost, looking for some stupid platform called 9 and 3/4.

Snape left her near The Leaky Cauldron an hour ago. He did not like being surrounded by so many muggles, so he said, so now she was stood idly, looking around.

A few minutes ticked by with no hope, until a bulky looking conductor appeared, scurrying past the small girl, intentionally disregarded the thought that she was by herself, until suddenly Lillian reached out to him.

"Excuse me, where's platform nine and three quarters?"

The man emphasised his sigh quite clearly: he was late as it was!

"Uh, there's no such thing..." he replied hastily, giving a one shoulder shrug.

"There is, there must be! It's the one I'm looking for, the one I'm supposed to be getting on in three minutes!" Lillian said back.

"Abusrd!" the man harshly turned away and hastened by the all the others boarding some random train that was going up to Glasgow.

Lillian was furious.

Why couldn't Snape have just stayed with her and helped her? She was lost! And she was in the middle of some random mob, clutching at her stupid oversized trunk and Prince's cage.

She looked like some lunatic.

"Excuse me, are you lookin' for the same platform as me, nine and three quarters?" Lillian turned around and looked at the male English accent that swam to her.

He was just taller than her. He had light honey coloured hair and deep brown eyes that shimmered like actual satin.

"Uh, yeah?" she replied.

"Follow me then!" The boy held out his hand.

He was a stranger. Was Lillian to take it? She didn't know, but before she could question herself, she found that already her hand was in his and he was towing her over to an arched wall, while their other hands towed their luggage from behind.

Lillian was dazed for a few seconds, until suddenly the boy picked up his pace and began running. She began to run too.

When she looked up, still dragging all her items from behind her, they both were running towards a wall.

Lillian shrieked and closed her eyes.

The wall was almost touching her nose. She prayed that this wasn't going to end horribly. She prayed she wasn't going to die!

And she never, for the next thing Lillian knew, the boys' hand had left hers and they were now stood on another platform, where a scarlet train was allowing it's steam to rise up within the air, forming a never-ceasing mist.

People, who had the same type of luggage as Lillian, were boarding it.

The whole experience of an actual steam train was pretty awesome to Lillian.

Little did she know of the stuff that were just waiting to beheld at Hogwarts...

~ Hogwarts Train ~

"I'm sitting here with a few friends..." The boy who helped Lillian to the rightful platform, jerked his thumb backwards, indicating where a few of his friends were sitting on the opposite side of the compartments' door. "What house are you in?"

"I've not been sorted into a house... yet." replied Lillian, gravely thankful that Snape had explained what houses were to her back at The Leaky Cauldron.

"Hm," the stranger gave her a quizzical stare, "In that case you may come sit with us, at least your not a deffinite Gryffindor." his voice was soft while he led her into the compartment which contained a blonde boy and two brunette girls, one had long hair and the other had short and spikey-like hair. "We're Slytherin's by the way." he stated with pride whilst he sat down next to the blonde boy, leaving Lillian to awkwardly linger at the doorway like some tresspassing weirdo...

"Well?" the blonde boy drawled. "Arent you coming in? Your causing a draft for goodness sake!"

The brunette with short brown hair sniggered at the drawling boy.

Lillian quickly sat next to the girls, like she was under his command. She made sure she sat as close to the door as possible though.

"What's your name?" asked the girl closest to Lillian, with long hair.

Each person in the cabin were clothed in black robes that had their green and silver house badge visible.

"It's, uh, Lillian........ Snape." Lillian finally blurred out, unsure if she were to use that name or not.

"Snape!" everyone shouted at the exact same time, like puppets.

"Are you perhaps related to Professor Snape, the potions master?" one of the girls questioned. Lillian nodded. "His daughter?" Lillian nodded again.

"Woah, well, you certainly don't look like him. But I suppose for your sake that's a good thing." the blonde boy told her. Lillian didn't like his comment that much. "I'm Draco Malfoy by the way, this boy here is Leo Forest," Draco turned to the boy that helped Lillian previously, completely ignoring the girls who were fidgeting next to her.

Lillian nodded to them, with a small smile on her face.

She liked Leo, but she wasn't too sure about the other three. Supposedly the girl's next to her were called Astoria Greengrass and the girl with shorter hair was her big sister, Daphne, who seemed to her to be a little over pretentious...

"Lilly, what's your house?" Astoria asked, while the train began to skim past fields where horses, cows and sheeps bred on.

"I've not been sorted yet." Lillain replied, nonchalantly, putting her gaze on the Slytherin girl.

Astoria was pretty, thought Lillian, clearly prettier than her big sister. Her eyes were nicer, they were hazel, and they stood out more, accentuating her pale face.

"Just as long as your not a Gryffindor," Draco spat with sheer vemon. His unnatural white face and pale grey eyes locked on Lillian. "I don't ever want to consider the fact that I sat with and spoke to a filthy Gryffindor!"

His words weren't all that welcoming to Lillian.

~~~~~~