Chapter 39

(What did you think, honestly? I want details on if you liked it or not... hehe. I wrote it about early May and I've been dying to upload it since then.)

Chapter 39

~ The Shrieking Shack ~

Lillian never thought she'd come face to face with the Grim. That sort of stuff never crossed her mind. She would rather have come across a Dementor than the bloody Grim, for Lillian knew that this Grim, this Grim which barked at her to go into the Shack, was in fact Sirius Black.

The black, scabby dog barked again and again. Get inside, she knew it was demanding. Lillian shook her head in fear. She didn't want to go into the Shack – it was a full moon above now, just like the Grey Lady had prophesied.

For the final time the enormous jet-black dog barked at her toes; his pale, yellow eyes glaring at up her. When Lillian didn't move, the dog snapped at her feet in such heated astonishment. It's deadly teeth were within inches of her shoes. Lillian jumped then ran forward and up into the Shrieking Shack.

In that tiny room, Lillian was kept hostage in the corner. The Grim was bleeding, leaving bloody paw marks upon the floorboards. The entire silent experience was ever so gory. The place was completely soundless. The Grim sat before her on his hind legs and stared at her with his deep, impassive eyes. How could such quietness be real? She thought to herself. It felt like the Shrieking Shack was too small to contain such quietness. It was causing the walls to close in on Lillian and she was claustrophobic. Lillian began to pant, the Grim licked it's lips, then switched it's attention towards the door. Someone – or more like that something – had finally arrived.

Woodenly the Grim growled at Lillian (warning her not to move one single inch!) before leaving the room. When he returned, he was a human. Lillian felt sick looking at the emaciated appearance of Sirius Black. He just stared at her, furious of her disruption. Whoever this girl was, he told himself, she was standing in the way of his sweet vengeance.

“Get up!” he growled. Lillian did as was told and immediately stood up. Her legs felt as if they were going to buckle beneath her. She whimpered. “Climb those stairs!”

Step by step Lillian climbed the wooden stairs, fearing for one of the legs to not snap off. When she had reached the tiny attic, Sirius came in after her and placed a lantern next to the dusty oval-shaped window.

After a short moment, Sirius turned to her and his gaunt face smirked.

Lillian looked away from him. She much preferred the sight of his black dog, for the man hiding in the shadows looked like a corpse only with tortured, malicious eyes. Lillian shuddered. He glared at her again before scurrying towards the smashed window where he peered through the curtains.

“Not long,” he told himself. Lillian was too frightened to even move never mind speak. Not long until what? Until Sirius killed her? –

There was a crackling noise from outside. Sirius turned around quickly and grimaced at Lillian; his yellow teeth overlapping his grazed bottom lip.

“I've warned you kids to stay away from here time and time again, so you have nobody to blame but yourself! If you attempt to escape it will only end badly for you.” Sirius smirked. As he made his way imperiously towards the shanty trap door – the floorboards creaking with each movement – Lillian's lips quivered, and she heard him laugh. “And trust me when I tell you that whatever happens, it will end excruciatingly. So for your own sake just stay... up... here!” Then he was gone. Lillian frowned: he was warning her? But from what? And why? Why would he want to warn her from someone – or even something?