Chapter 20 - Part Two

(omg: this is my worst piece of writing ever! I wrote it on the bus on my way to work... Please, excuse it. I'm working on actually writing a PROPER chapter to Snape's Shadow VERY soon. Sorry guys :/! .. )

  - - - -

Chapter 20 - part two

~ The Forbidden Forest ~

The legendary Forbidden Forest can only be described or thought of as darkness. Inside - and even out - it's all dark, some mythic parts surrounded by mist, which consumed Lillian's body like a sponge soaking up water.

As she made her way onwards into the forest - her heart in rhythm with her concentrated steps - she kept having the notion that someone was following her; overshadowing her in an offputting way. Scary way, actually. It kept catching the corner of her eyes. She stopped a few times; she could hear noises, voices... Even howls. That someone which she thought was following her earlier turned into a something.

Step, step. Step, step. Step... Step, step, step, step, step, step, step! Step! STEP! STEP!
She was running now, through the broken up trees. The moon was so full tonight that she kept looking up to it as if for guidance out of the woods. It seemed neverending. She was feeling scared again - that same kind of frightening feeling she felt on the train to Hogwards. What if it was Black? Oh God!

BANG!

Lillian's skinny jeans caught at a tree, and she tripped. So predictable-like in a situation like this. She yelped out: Ouch! Boom, ba-boom- boom, ba-boom, boom, BA-BOOM! Her heart felt as if it was going to erupt inside her and kill her.

She reached forward and could actually see the moon reflecting against the Black Lake. A little shimmer of hope was aroused. Where was Professor Lupin? ? But, more to the point, why was he in The Forbidden Forest. Just as her thirteen year old frame face-planted out of the forest and next to the lake - as if she was launching herself away from an explosion in slow motion - she caught a glimpse of a dark 'thing' swiftly rushing past within the obscure woods.
It howled as it disappeared from Lillian's dim view.

A... a werewolf? Could it be that... No!

But then again it was Hogwarts. Anything was real within the Magical world. Yeah?