Chapter XXXIV: Short Backstory

That night, Kiara was busy drafting a design for the future family insignia. Sapphira interferes with her concentration, hindering Kiara's surprise for the couple. Despite Sapphira's questions invovling the insignia, Kiara ignores it and decides to stargaze at the roof, together with her precious granddaughter. After Sapphira's claim that "It's cold outside!", Kiara throws a sweater and remarks "Now you have no reasons". The duo climbed their way to the top of the estate and enjoy the moon's warm gaze.

     The cool breeze just kept making those branches sway, Rachelle had an awkward silence alongside her grandmother. Spotlights everywhere, engineers shouting, machinery working, the duo was distracted from the reconstruction going on provided that the mansion's east wing was hit by a 757-sized plane. Ring-ring, it was an evening break period for the construction committee. Kiara murmurs "You know, a true villain like her will always come back for a final move". Sapphira's curiosity sparks, the young princess turns to her grandmother. Eager to hear more, she rests her arms by the balcony's cold balustrades. Kiara tells the story of Ron's generation.

     ***Convo-Story Mode***

 Kiara:

" Hmmm... This roof is where your grandfather nearly died 30 years ago. Don't doubt, a lot of things have happened in this very mansion. From where your father grew up shortly, to the incident on his birthday, up to the present condition of the wrecked house. Before, your father was adopted by Andrew. "

Sapphira:

" Adopted, but I thought they are related?

Kiara: *sighs*

"  This is how the story goes. There was an incident where my little Ronnie lost his so called 'real' father. With Andrew being close to the child, he took Ron in. That time, nobody had no knowledge Andrew nor I was the biological parent of Ron. On his 14th birthday, there was an incident. Andrew was attempted to be assasinated by the evil Nicole Rutherford, a ruthless woman who only cared about her life and her husband. Indeed, she attacked our family on your parent's initial wedding, Ron's 24th Birthday. We all thought it was over, she shoots every single one of us. She even took your aunt Macey has hostage, even blowing up the cathedral. But at the hospital, she came back, and made one final move, but failed her attempt. Daddy Ronnie had just a similar life story like you two... "

Sapphira:

"  What, how do yo-- "

Kiara: *chuckles*

Well, an incident happened on both of your birthdays, your mate has been wounded, your mate ends up on the edge of life, both of you are so lucky to still ahve them, and even both of you had the same villains... "

Sapphira:

" Pshhh, grandma, you got this all wro--

Kiara:

" I see Nicole renamed herself to 'Betty' eh? I can't belive she stole my cloning agents just to make a copy of herself, such a smart  villain. She thought she can be outsmarted by us right? "

Sapphira:

" So Betty is the same as Nicole? Such impossibility... Where are your sources grandma?

Kiara:

" A spirit dwells and tells me... Don't make any doubt, he told EVERYTHING from the part you sneak uptown, to the chamber in the cabin, and to the attacks of September 16. Gee Sapphira, you seem to be sleepy. Ring-ring My oh my, the construction guys are back! You should go back inside, they are about to turn on the gigantic mixer. "

Sapphira:

" Ummm, okay grandma. Thanks for the story! "

Kiara:

" Just stay sharp my darling... You know Nicole, she will be always back for one last shot...

Storyline:

      Kiara smiles and bades goodnight to her granddaughter. She follows inside to finalize the design of the insignia. Sapphira's thoughts were blacked-out. She became curious on how her grandma knew it all along. The young adult was excited to tell the news to her mate. She went asleep despite the faint sounds of machinery outside the estate.