Chapter Sixteen

I had another long and tiring week. I've been up so late lately. I've been thinking about Jay and Gabby too.

At last the night came. I waited till midnight and then slipped out of bed.

I went to my chest of drawers. I realised that I had clothing in my school bag for a sleepover I would have had at Anna's house that fateful night. And we would have got some payback too, which is why I chose a signature colour, black.

I got out my black clothes- black leggings, black T-shirt reading 'REBEL', a black hooded jumper (which was really warm) and a dark brown pair of Timberland boots which are really comfortable.

I put on my clothes and snuck out the door past the sleeping girls. I felt like a ninja.

When I reached the forest, I looked around for Jay and Gabby. They didn't seem to be around. But then again, from my experiences...

They still managed to scare me. They crept out this time, Gabby snuck up behind, touched my shoulder and said, Boo!

I jumped. She giggled and Jay came out of the shadows.

"So here's the plan," began Gabby. We sat down in a pile of leaves.

"You gather everyone in the hall in 20 days from now. At night. A new captive came today, right? We will be there. Jay will disable the cameras without anyone noticing. Then we can discuss what our plan is.

Every 20 days a new captive comes in. After our meeting in 20 days, 40 days after that we break free. We will gather weapons for everyone. The teen boys and the strongest of the girls will fight. The girls who don't fight will take the little ones away and then through the door after we've defeated them. Then we escape."

I looked at them both. They had looks of deadly cunning in their eyes, wanting to spill blood.

But me? I don't think I could ever kill anyone.

Apparently reading my mind, Jay said to me,

"You've got a lot to learn, hun. You and you're fellow captives are gonna have to learn how to fight, and kill without recognition. That's why we're giving you 40 days to get ready after our meeting. We'll teach you how to fight, and then you can teach some others, and us some too."

"Ok."

"We'll meet you back here next week."

"Ok."

Ooh what's gonna happen? Find out more next update! Please keep supporting and vote, comment, follow!