Chapter Nine

Villainos just keeps talking. I am to scared to listen, but don't show it. I finally interrupt him.

"Where are we going?"

"I need to ask you some questions, Lydia, for you to stay alive. If you answer correctly, you stay. If you lie, you die a slow and painful death."

"How nice." I say sarcastically.

"I rather think so myself!" He said.

We have reached the huge, thick, steel doors. Villainos first puts his eye into an almond shaped hole, and a machine scans it. Then he speaks into a microphone- voice activation. Then he quickly punches in a complicated code and the door creaks open.

I see a room filled with multi-coloured buttons, lights, and panels. Sounds emit from everywhere- beeping, blooping, and chittering come from all around the room. A red chair stands in the middle of the room, silent and daunting. A black and blue helmet is attached to the top by a spiralling cord.

"Have a seat, my girl." invites Villainos menacingly, sounding extremely evil.

I sit in the chair and the helmet clamps to my head. Villainos presses a series of buttons- red, green, blue, purple, you name it- and handcuffs appear and I am trapped.

"Full name, address and family members." orders Villainos, sliding across the room to a glistening computer on a velvet covered chair.

"I'm not telling you anything about my family, you creep!" I say, my teeth gnashing together. Villainos stares at the screen.

"What is your home city." He says angrily.

"London." I say reluctantly.

"Better. Now. What are the most famous landmarks of London?"

"Er... Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, there's lots." I answer, confused.

"Big Ben? Is that a very tall man or something?"

Well, this guy's never been to England before.

"No, it's the biggest clock in England!"

"What is the purpose of Big Ben?"

"To tell people the time, of course!"

"Oh. You may leave now."

I stare at him in shock. What kind of a villain is he?

"But you're a villain!" I say.

"Yes, of course I am. But you don't have any useful information for me. Guards!" Villainos calls.

This is so confusing. I think. He's a villain, yet he didn't torture me. And I'm glad of that. This sure is a captive land- for people, and confused thoughts.

Haha you weren't expecting that, were you? Vote comment follow pls