Chapter Fourteen

Lucas has shown me everything. It took a couple of days, but we got there in the end. I know every nook and cranny of this place, well at least most of them.

I am now the official leader. There was even a ceremony. I feel taller. I feel important. I feel like a leader.

And I am busy. I have to run this place. I have to organise education, and have to have one myself, and I have to organise meals, and a lot of other things. By the end of three weeks I am shattered.

I fell asleep on the couch in our dormitory after I had gone around to every cabin and said lights out to everyone. But then I was awoken.

"What's happening?" I said drearily. I saw Lucy above me, and all the girls behind her.

"Wake up sleepy head! I know you might be tired, but we have a little present for you to say well done, good luck and congratulations for being our leader. C'mon!"

I was practically dragged out of 'bed' and into the night. It was a very clear evening, full moon and bright stars. As we ran along I asked,

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," said Beth.

I soon did see. We entered the jungle and appeared in a clearing surrounded by trees. Above me was a huge zip line.

It was massive, it looked about 1km long. It seemed about 20 metres above ground. It was amazing, and looked fun but scary.

"Ever been on one before?" Said Holly.

"No, never." I said.

"Well you mustn't scream, because you'll wake the whole lot of them. But you'll be perfectly safe. And it's super fun." said Caitlin.

~

So now I am strapped into a full body harness and am attached to a large hook which they call a 'cat'. I have no idea why, but then again I'm new to this.

I am reminded again not to scream. They pull me back and then let go.

I want to scream so badly. But I didn't. I was having too much fun. I zoomed off into the night.

It seemed to go for ever. But that was ok. My hair whipped out behind me and the wind stung my eyes.

It was a beautiful view, even if it was blurry. I could see for miles on end- trees, mountains, plains- they were everywhere that the naked eye could see.

And again, why did I think,

How I wish you were with me...

I went zip lining last holidays and it was so much fun! It wasn't as long as this one though.

Please vote comment and follow. It would be much appreciated.😘