Chapter Eight

As soon as I step onto the longest red carpet I have ever seen, the big doors close with a bang, and I realise I am trapped.

The room is huge- as vast as at least four football fields. The walls are wooden planks, but are packed full with bookshelves. One wall has these bookshelves, another is crammed with blueprint plans, one other with artefacts of all kinds of weird. There is a desk, at the end of the red carpet. It is large and made of mahogany. Ot has been smeared across the top with what looks like blood, which has dripped down the side, making it sickly. It has a sign reading:

THERE IS NO ESCAPE,
CAPTIVES

The ceiling has rich patterning on it, it looks like embroidery. I can see a door in the endless distance, a thick, iron one. Above it bares the letters:

TRTR CMBR

I know this can only mean one thing, and I try not to think about it.

I have finally reached the desk. Opposite me is a high backed, purple swivel chair, and a voice comes from the other side of it.

"Welcome, Lydia May Lennox, to the living residence of Master Villainos- me."

The chair seems to take forever to turn around to face me, but when it does, I almost scream in shock.

Sitting there is a slender, tall man. But he looks only part man.He has blood red hair streaked in black. On further notice, I see that the black is words. It says:

KILL ALL CAPTIVES IF NECESSARY TO FIND INFORMATION

I don't know how he fitted that on his head, but anyway.

There are scars on his face, they are numbered many. He has a glass eye, and it is continuously swivelling. I shudder. The other eye changes colour every few seconds, from violet to electric blue, from rose red to violent green. His nose is misshapen, like it has been broken many times. He wears a ripped shirt, showing his vile muscles that are covered in green vine tattoos. His left arm is a stump, and has been replaced with a robotic arm which ends in clawed fingers. But the scariest thing about him is his mouth. Red, puffy lips, and dead straight teeth. But he has purple braces. I suppose this increases his scariness.

"Yes, Lydia, I have been in a few accidents, but some of this," he circles his bony hand around his face, "is just special effects basically. It creates a sense of fear in my enemies." His voice hisses like a snake.

"Come for a walk. I will explain everything."

This is so much like a horror movie, I think. Why does it have to be like this? And happen to me?

"My name is Curse Villainos, captain of this ship and soon to be master of the world. This is not my christened name, no, indeed not, but I think that a villainous name is so much more eccentric, don't you agree?

'I need to find out,' he continues,"about the modern world to complete my task. Information is essential for it, my dear. The CAPTIVES (colonial appearing presenters to inform Villainos' every step) are the people who have told me what I want to know. The ones that refused to tell me about their world before here... well let's just say they were disposed of.

You were brought here because you are intelligent, not stubborn, and just and agreeing person in general. You could be the leader of them, Lydia."

I just stare ahead, taking in his words. How does he know so much about me? We are headed towards the door with the letters TRTR CMBR. Oh, no.

Not the torture chamber.