Chapter Five

I got a surprise on Tuesday (day 12). I received FIVE letters!!! Five! Not one, but five! From Mother, my family, my friends, Anna and Jake. I'll go through all of them:

Dearest Lydia,

I know you won't get this, but I want you to know these things, and I want to pour out my sorrow to you.

I miss you with all my heart and soul. I weep every minute of the day. The cousins are coming next week and I don't know how I'm going to explain where you've gone.

We are a sombre family when you're gone. Not that you're the noise maker.

I love you, Lydia. I miss you so much. I can hardly sleep because I'm so worried.

Goodnight, Mrs Baker. I hope tomorrow's bread is brighter than today's!

Mother
xoxo

Good old Mum! She said that to me every night when I was little. It means she hopes I'm happier tomorrow than I am today.

DEAREST LYDIA,

FROM YOUR FAMILY.

Now, now, sweetheart, don't fret, Lyds, you'll be saved by T.B. the hero!

Thomas

Goodnight, Mrs Baker. I hope tomorrow's bread is brighter than today's! Mother

I wish you good day, honey. Have a good spirit even when there are bad times.

Georgey

WE MISS YOU LOTS, LYDIA. STAY STRONG. HELP WILL COME.
FATHER.

Good day, Lydia. I hope to see you soon. I met a boy, but Ma said not to get a boyfriend 'till I'm 14.

Love Susan xoxo

Come back soon. ❤️Kim

I drew a dinosaur! Miss you!
DARCY

AUTUMN ❤️🌸

WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

WE MISS YOU LOTS!

LOVE,

THE LENNOX FAMILY ❤️

I burst into tears at that letter. I miss them too!

To Lydia,

We miss you so! The men grabbed us and chucked us up against a wall, tied together. Dylan had a knife, a little pocket one, and cut us free.

We know you won't get this note, but we want you to know that we want you back. You are the heart of the group. It is the most important part of the body, apart from the brain. it is depressing to have it destroyed.

Love from,

Anna Beyrell

The twins, Jane and Janet

Heather :)

Thomas

Jake

Dylan

My friends are amazing! They care so much for me! Aww!

Dear Lydia,

I am missing you awfully! You have been my friend for simply ages, and it is depressing For me to see you gone.

I'm writing this mainly to remember you, but if you do end up getting this, I want you to know that our group is missing you terribly, me especially.

Love,

Anna xoxo

Poor Anna! She needs a rest. She is a great friend but is often a worrywart.

Dearest Lydia,

I must tell you that I am missing you terribly. I am missing you're smile and delicate laughter also. For me, losing you is like puncturing a hole in my soul, and heart. You've been a good friend ever since I moved to London, and that was ages ago, maybe when we were seven or eight.

I am trying to bear the pain of you gone, my mother ill, and my brothers off at work or more likely with some random pretty chic. It is also pretty bad at school, all the teachers gone, or most, on holidays. In the middle of term!

I wish I could tell you how I feel about my life, you, and school, but I can't because you probably won't get this letter.

Love,

Jake

I drop that letter. He really misses me that much? He said "love Jake". What are his true feelings for me? Friend or lover?

Gosh.

Thanks for reading! xoxo