Chapter Six

Lennox Family above.
By the way this isn't how I pictured them, sorry I get most of my photos off the Internet!😜

I go over and over these letters, especially his. I cry every day for them. I searched through my bag to find that I still had family photos and a friends snap. I had two copies of them, one just for keepsakes, and the other for an English assignment. I pinned them to my school bag and I am constantly looking at them. I showed them to Phil. He says that Kim looks like his little sister, Paige, who is 13. He explains to me that all his siblings' names begin with a 'p': Paul, (Phil), Patricia, Paige, Primrose, and Phineous (whom they all call Phin).

We chat about our families often. Phil says he is the fifth Phil in his family, but the first to have the middle name James. I say that I am the first Lydia, but am the third to have the middle name May.

Phil and I really do have a lot in common. 2nd of seven, are not the first to have our names- the list goes on.

He says that his family does send him letters, because they know where he is, but cannot visit him. I find this depressing. Not allowed to visit him when they know where he is? What kind of cruelty is that?!

I say that I would like to meet his family, and him vice-versa. I wonder if Phil actually likes Villainos. I mean, Phil's so nice and the 'captain' is so cruel and evil. How could Phil not despise him?

This morning (day 19) I sang a song when the sun was just rising, the birds peeping their little heads out of their beautiful twig nests. I sang for family, for friends, for love, for joy, for adventure, and to get out of this place. I sang 'The Nightingale'. It goes like this:

Where is the love,
That I have been searching for,
Where is it hiding?

Where is the perfection,
That only he could bring?

Where can I look?
Where can I find him?

Follow the Nightingale's voice,
Like stem to your heart,
Listen to it's beautiful song,
That only comes when you ask of it.

I sing until I believe the whole world is listening. I remember my mother saying to me:

"Your voice could stop the world, Lydia. Keep it, so it can be pure even in the darkest places."

Phil just stares at me. I think, just now, that my voice is the only pure thing in this dark place.

Hey Wattpaders! I hope you are liking my book! Sorry that I haven't updated for a while! I think I will write most of it next time I update, so get ready!

If you haven't checked out my other book, please do! It's called 'Stars and Darkness'.

What do you think about Phil? Not to mention Jake! Vote, comment, follow!