The Ride Home

-four months later-

I was seven months pregnant. Only two more months. Wow. Me and Gerard were with the boys out at dinner. Frank found a girl named Jamia. She was really pretty.

"So Evee. Excited about birth.?" Jamia asks me as she sets down her drink. "Well, I heard it really hurts." I said with a chuckle. My stomach was pretty big. Good thing two months wasn't that close. I was nervous. But sometimes your water breaks early. I was so happy. Everyone was having a good time, we were all together. It was amazing. Except the fact that I had to use the bathroom every five seconds.

I tried to hold it in. I did a couple times. But sometimes it didn't work. MCR was getting big. They were going on tour in a few months. Good thing I'll have this child out before Gerard leaves.

Jamia and I were really good friends so we had a plan that she could help me with the baby when Gerard was gone. Polly could help too. She and George got divorced. I felt so bad for her. I knew George wasn't the one. She lived alone in the house George owned. He moved out.

Not a lot of exciting stuff happened after the wedding. Me and Gerard used London's room as the baby's room. I felt bad for taking down London's stuff but, at least when I enter the room, London will be in my mind.

We took down the wall that was blocking my room to Polly's room. Our rooms were right next to each other. So we turned it into one big room for me and Gerard.
Our house didn't look all bland and plain. It looked like it had character. We had jars of lily poppies in every room.

"Want to take a walk outside.?" Gerard whispers in my ear. I nod and we get up. "Where you guys going.?" Mikey says. "To take a walk." Gerard says as we head out the door. We walked around the restaurant and sat down.

"What's the definition of the word purse.?" Gerard asks. "A magical bag where you put something in there, and never see it again." I answer with a chuckle. "What's the definition of the word door.?" "To hide yourself in your room when you listen to music." he said. "What's the definition of the word, television.?" "Something to watch so you can ignore awkward conversations." I said laughing.

I start to yawn and stretch. "Want to go home.?" he asks as he puts his arm around me. "Let's hang out a little and then leave." I said giving him a peck on the cheek.

Out of no where he hands me a lily poppy. I giggle and put it in my hair. We get up and head back inside. Before I enter I get a call from Polly. "One sec." I say as I press answer.

"Hello." I said. "That weird guy Ronnie is knocking on my door. Do I answer it.?" she whispers. I widen my eyes. Shit. "Call the police." I said not trying to blurt out. "He's bad news." "Okay, I will." she said as she hangs up.

I wait for her to call but she never does. Shit. I start getting worried. I called her seven times and left her five voice mails. She texts me a thumbs up emoji. Did Ronnie send that.? I think I'll check up on her tomorrow.

We enter back into the restaurant and I still worry. Is Polly in trouble.? Shit. Then I get a text.

*phone screen*

Tell your goddamn sister to open the door-Ronnie xoxo

Good she hasn't opened the door. It was broad daylight and she lives in a neighborhood where people water their gardens, have kids play with the sprinklers, etc. They might of called the police if something happened.

I stopped worrying and set my phone down and enjoyed my time. After drinking another water I decided to go home. "Let's go." I whispered in Gerard's ear. We get up and head out the door.

We get in the car and head home. I look out the window and smile. I look at the houses passing by and wave to everyone that I see. I was just really happy. I started yawning. "Don't worry, we're on the ride home." Gerard said as he put his hand on mine. Every time he does that I feel safe.

I was just really happy. My life was going the way I wanted it. I remember when I was a loser in high school. Now I'm a successful adult.

I get another text from Ronnie. I don't bother to read it. I throw my phone out the window and don't care. Ronnie is out of my life. He wasn't my problem anymore. I take off my lily poppy and put it against the windshield.

I decided to keep it there. Gerard looked at it and smiled. I love him. So much.

My seat belt got undone. I tried to clip it back in but I was pregnant. I couldn't. "Leave it. We're almost home." Gerard says. "But it's not safe." I say as I keep trying. "We're almost home." he said as he puts his hand on mine. I feel safe when he does that. So I stop trying and let my seatbelt go.

I looked out the window and saw the houses pass by. They were beautiful houses. My house was on the same street as these house but I never seen them before. We were almost home. Good I was tired.

I looked a far and saw house I like. "I like that house right there." I said as I pointed. He looks at the house and smiles. I look back at him and see a car coming at us. "Gerard.!" I scream as I point to the car. He quickly looks at the car and before he could turn.

We crashed.

Since I didn't have a seatbelt on, I flew through the windshield. In that moment, everything was in slow motion. The last thing I thought was "I love you Gerard." Then once my head hit the floor, everything went black.

Forever.