Best Five Years

"Dweeb.!!" Polly cried out. I woke up with her standing next to my bed with her boyfriend George. "Why is here.?" I asked. "London is still ill so I have to take care of you until she's better." she said smacking her gum. "And George.?" I asked rolling my eyes. "Cause I want him here.!" she said blowing a bubble. "We're going out to eat breakfast, your breakfast is on the table. They walked out of the house and into George's convertible. I looked out my window and saw them.

Once they got in the car Polly just sat on his lap and started making out with him. Gross. I wonder if they know they're in public. I closed my curtains and went downstairs. All I saw was a jar of peanut butter, a fork, and a banana. Yay.? I didn't want to eat anyway.

I was bored so I decided to just text Gerard.

*phone screen*

Me: Hey

Gerard: Hi

Me: Watcha Dooin.?

Gerard: Uhh, uhh

Me: Lolkipsauce

Gerard: Can I come over.?

Me: Of course

Yay.! Gerard was coming over.! I don't think Polly and George are coming back anytime soon after just breakfast.

"Evangeline.!" London hollered. I ran upstairs to her room. She was laying on floor crying. Shit. I ran over to her and placed my hand on her forehead. She was burning up. I decided to go take her to the hospital.

I heard the door bell. It was Gerard. He needed to help me. I ran downstairs and saw Gerard as I opened the door. Before he could say hi I blurted out "My foster mother.! She's in pain.! Come help me get her to the hospital.!" His eyes widen and we both ran upstairs. He picked up London by her legs and I picked her up by her shoulders.

We hurried down the stairs and went out the front door. We put her in the back seat of Gerard's car. We headed off to the hospital. I held her hand and kept looking back at her. She looked thinner than the last time I saw her. She was aching at everything. She started sweating. She wasn't breathing normally. I worried about her. I was scared. I hope she was okay.

Once we got to the hospital there were doctors standing outside. They saw me and Gerard with London and saw that she was in pain. They took her inside and to the ER. Me and Gerard ran inside trying to catch up with them. They told us we had to wait. I was worrying about her like crazy.

I couldn't help but let a few tears out. I hugged Gerard and hid my face on his shoulder. He hugged me back. "It'll be okay." he whispered in my ear. We sat in the waiting room for them to tell us what's wrong with London. We just sat there having a conversation.

"What's the definition of the word pants.?" I asked. "Something to not show your junk." Gerard answered. "Then what about underwear.?" I asked. "Pants are for those weird people who don't wear underwear." We both laughed. It stated getting late. We both were getting tired.

I laid my head on his shoulder. He had his arm wrapped around me. "Wilson.?" "Evangeline Wilson.?" the nurse said. I stood up and so did Gerard. We walked over to her. "I'm very sorry, but London has a case of leukemia. She doesn't have much longer." the nurse said as she walked over to the front desk to fill out paperwork.

My heart had broken into so many pieces. I've only known her for five years, but she gave me the best five years of my life. She gave me a home.

I ran outside and collapsed on the floor on the middle of the empty side of the parking lot. I bursted into tears. I couldn't believe that she was going to be out of my life. I heard Gerard run up to me and got to his knees. He hugged me tight. I knew that nothing would be okay.

We got into Gerard's car and drove home. I started letting out tears I couldn't hold in. Gerard say me crying. He pulled over to a random parking lot. "Come here." he said as he parked the car. I leaned over to him and hugged him. I cried in his shoulder. I pulled away slowly. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine.

I leaned in. Our lips moved in closer.

I turned my head. "I have to tell Polly." I said as I sat back down in my seat.

Once we arrived I took off my seat belt. My heart was beating so frenetic. I sat there staring out the windshield. Breathing heavy. "You alright.?" Gerard asks. I turn to him and answer "yes, I gotta go." I open the door and walk inside.

I turn around and wave to Gerard. He waves back and goes home. I close the front door and slide my back down to the floor.

All I hear is "Uhh, George faster.!!!" from upstairs. Polly is home. I stumble to the kitchen to find water. I see beer in the fridge. Do I dare.? For some reason, I feel like trying it. I grab it and bang the cap against the edge of the counter until it falls off. I take a sip and fall in love with it right away.

It cold feeling I had as it smoothly went down my throat. It made my pain go away as I kept drinking it. Before I knew it, the bottle was empty. I reached in the fridge for another. It ameliorated my day.

I looked in the mirror. My eyes were getting red. I crawl upstairs and fall asleep on the floor before I could reach my door.