Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: I changed the ending of the last entry slightly... some may not have seen it since I edited. Nothing major... but just FYI :)

______________________

The white board marker was dead. Going over the one word five times left nothing more than a smudgy mess where a P was supposed to be. Giving up, I went back to the desk and started to go through all the drawers in search of another one, while Alfie watched on with his head resting one of the tables opposite me. Finally I found a red one that was brand new, and the first line I drew made a loud squeak against the board. Instantly he was peering over my shoulder to see what I was doing and every time there was another, he jumped slightly.

"Project let there be peace?" Logan read out as he came into the classroom. "Do I want to know what this is about?"

"Please take a seat Mr. Murphy. All we be revealed soon enough!" I instructed in my best 'teacher' voice. With a shake of his head, he did as I asked and sat beside his fae friend Sonia.

"Should I have brought along pens and paper too?"

"Probably." I answered, finishing up my diagram of stick figures.

The Van Helsings and Sam came in next, and soon enough I sent Alfie to find Zane; who also came with Penny. V arrived with Toyo and Paytah while Mum and Dad were last to come in, and as I went to close the door, Huntington walked past.

"What's going on?" She asked, peering into the room.

"Group therapy. Bye!" I closed the door before she could say anything else and nodding at Hazel, my link to the dark fae - a haze of purple fog filled the room before disappearing, keeping us safe from any prying ears or eyes. "Okay, everyone. I've asked you all here today because I trust you all to know what is happening. We've fought side by side, beaten crazy odds and survived, but there is something coming once again and this time, it's not going to be easy."

"Because it's been in a walk in the park so far?" Of course Tom was the first to cut in.

"Compared to this, yes. The ones we call gods are back in our realm and for the most part, I have been their target and-"

"Why?" Penny asked, looking completely confused. "Why are they always after you?"

"To put it simply, I am cursed." I shrugged, knowing most of the people here knew that part.

"Elise, just because-" Mum started.

"You know I am, Mum." Pushing up my sleeve, the mark Cain had hidden reappeared after I killed Buluc. "But, I have been since before I was born, in fact, Alistair Bunting tried to make it so I never was."

"What?" My parents asked in unison, and I realised I never told them about that part. Dad stood up, looking more furious than confused. "How do you know this?"

"Long story, but a psychic did and Cain confirmed it."

Nigel raises his hand. "And who is Cain again?"

"Well for those playing at home who have missed the bulk of my drama, I don't know his real name, but here we call him Cain. He is some kind of, reject god and everything that's happened so far has been the others of his kind trying to kill me or him 'testing' me. It's all connected, but I know-"

"Hang on a second, what have I missed?" Zane interrupted. "The others of his kind? You mean the portal and crazy Selene and all that shit?"

"Yeah. We knew there were others working with Drac, but we thought it was the Warlocks. It wasn't, it was the ones who control them." I tell him.