14th June 2012

14/06/2012

JB

I have to admit, I was a little jealous when I heard about the adventure my family had in that tomb - though I mostly just hated being left behind. My sister seems to get herself into these impossible situations that when you hear about them, sound like a really elaborate story she's making up as she goes along. Actually, most of her life has been her doing just that - making things up as she goes. It seems to work out okay in the end... Even when it didn't, there was someone there to save her and bring her back to life. Yeah she is cursed alright, with good luck!

I still can't get my head around that.

For those few minutes, my sister was dead. Now, we're sitting here - sweating in places I didn't know I could sweat, while she is leading us into who knows what. I couldn't let her come here with just the Tracker. Nothing against him, but with all this crazy shit going on, I can't, I just, I can't pretend like nothing is happening like she said to do.

Sure it would be easy to live in her little world where everything just happens to work out in the end, but I can't do that. I need to be here to help her so at least if anything happens, I can do what big brothers are supposed to do and protect her. I don't know what I'd do if I stayed or went off on another job and got a call to say she'd be kidnapped or has vanished or worse. God, I don't even want to think about it...

Anyway, so my sister always ends up on these crazy, insane adventures and while a part of me is always a little jealous because come on - this is the shit that gets your remembered in our history. Considering how dangerous our lives are, it would be nice to be get some recognition... that's just a tiny part of me because the other part of me is fucking terrified of losing my family and not just her. Mum and Dad too, I mean, how lucky are we to still have each other?

Yet now I'm out here, who knows where, looking for some temple where our kind have been getting slaughtered like lambs; I'm not that jealous any more at all. Terrified - Yes. I'll be man enough to admit it. Something does not feel right and it's more than that feeling of being watched or the fact I have no patience for TVH. I can't believe I used to think he was a pretty cool guy when I was at the Academy. One more snarky comment about my sister and his face will getting acquainted with my fist.

Did I mention how quiet this place is?

Something is majorly wrong out here and I just hope we're prepared for what ever it is. My sister thinks we'll be fine, but I can tell she's lying. She's been holding onto that dagger she found on her little sightseeing trip to Apollo's temple like a life line and when ever we stop, she keeps fidgeting with that ring she wears too. I'm so proud of her though, she's taking this leader thing seriously and apart from one, maybe two of us - she has more support than I think she realises.

I think I just heard something, so I'm going to-