Chapter Eight.

Dear iBob,

Bad mood doesn't even come close to describe how I've been this week. Zane's back and after doing a pretty good of job of nearly kicking his ass, he agree's that my miraculous recovery is well, miraculous. My parents aren't thrilled about that, because now they have no reason to keep me here under their watchful eyes and, protection. That made me laugh...

"What are you doing?" Penny takes a seat beside me, curiously looking towards the screen. "Is that your, diary?"

"Maybe."

"Oh it is!" Her eyes light up with interest and I'm tempted to test how different a sprained and broken wrist really are. Instead I just poke the strapping and she backs off. "Fine. You're no fun."

I glare at her and lock it to stop her from even thinking of looking at it. "Whatever."

She just ruined the first five minutes of alone time I've had since that night. I shiver, haunted by the look Portia had given me when she made her blood oath and tug down the sleeve of my sweater. I haven't told anyone about the tattoo, I don't particularly want to either and I sure as hell don't want Penny to be the one who finds out first.

"So, where are your parents?" Penny asks, ignoring my grumpy mood.

"Staff meeting."

"Oh right, Zane mentioned Huntington had come back when I passed him on the way here."

"What?" Now she had my attention.

Why didn't anyone tell me she had come back; again.

"That's why they're having a meeting. She's been visiting another Academy and-"

Getting up I ran to my room and put on some shoes, before going through the trunk under my bed and stocking up on a few things. Sharp, deadly when in my hand, kind of things. I didn't even care she followed me, sitting on the corner of my bed to watch.

"Ah, what are you doing?"

"Hunting."

"For what?" She looks at her nails idly.

"I can't tell you."

"Tell me or I'll-"

"No, you won't." I snap at her.

"I'll tell Zane then." Penny threatens.

My phone ringing gets both of our attention and reaching over, my heart skips a beat as Logans name appears. Alfie comes in curiously, the talking box his new favourite thing to try playing with and waving them both away, I answer.

"Logan?"

"Hey Bunny."

I feel sick with relief, and stupidly feel my eyes watering. "You're okay?"

"I'm okay." He assures me softly. "You on the other hand, are in big trouble!"

His tone hardens and I glance at Alfie as he nudges my arm. Did they find out something?

"I am?"

"I spoke to your Dad last night." Oh no. "You were asleep, and we didn't want to wake you. Thing is, he had some stories to tell."

"You make it sound worse than what it was!" I argue.

"Back, in fucking, time. Do you have any idea-"

"Save it Logan. I'm fine okay, I didn't actually plan on any of that and why are you angry with me? It was all Dad's fault!"

"What?" I didn't think he could sound any more pissed off, but now he did.