Chapter - 1

"Elle! Slow down! You're going to get us killed!" Randall grunted as I made a sharp turn onto a street. His brown eyes were wide and held fear for his life as the smell of burnt rubber from my tires filled the air around us.

I gave a small chuckle. He was such a scaredy cat, never one for living on the edge. As for me, I loved speeding and making hard turns. It gave me an adrenaline rush and kinda made me feel bad-to-the-bone. To say I loved the feeling of not knowing if I was going to be caught by a cop as I sped down streets, would be an understatement. "Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it," I told him with a smile teasing my lips.

 Placing his hands firmly on the tan dashboard, Randall took in a deep breath. "I love you, Elle, like a sister! You've been my best friend for the past seventeen years. Please, for the love of rainbows and sunshine, slow down!" His deep voice pleaded.

 "That is right Randall, you've been my friend since I was one-year-old. Therefore, you knew before you even got in the car that I drove like this." I replied as I thought of how fun it was to make him scared and squirming in his seat. Call me a bad friend if you will, but as an added bonus of speeding and the rush from it, I get to see Randall's terrified face. And let me tell you, if you were in my shoes, you would freak this boy out any chance you got. See, Randall had a certain expression for when he gets afraid or frantic about something. His eyes become wide like saucers, his lips droop into a frown ...  all in all he should win a Golden Globe for his facial features.

 "How much longer until we're there?" Randall asked as his eyes flicker down at his wristwatch.

 I bit my lip before swerving into the lane on my right. "Well, if we drove like you want me to, we'd be there in ten minutes. But, I can get us there in five."

 "If I die on the way to my high school graduation, I will kill you with my bare hands," Randall said as he nervously ran a hand through his brown moppy hair.

 "There is one problem with what you just said. If you die, you can't kill me with your bare hands." I admitted as we rounded another corner. Ignoring Randall's piercing stare, I reached in my jean pocket pulling out my ringing cell phone. "Hello?" I asked the second I answered.

 "Elle, where are you. Mr. Grove is running all over the school looking for you and Randall! Everyone is already in their gowns." My best friend Kat exclaimed with irritation laced in her voice.

 I stepped on the accelerator some more.

 "Who is it?" Randall inquired. I mouthed Kat and without warning, he snatched the phone from my hand. "Kitty Kat, please tell me why you didn't pick me up! I am in a car with a lunatic!" Randall proclaimed as he gripped the door handle, tightly, with his free hand.

 I silently mocked what he was saying as I maneuvered into another lane because the person in front of me was going way too slow for my liking.

 "Well, if she keeps driving like she is, we will be there in about three minutes. But, on the other hand, if she continues to act like a bull on a lone street then we might get pulled over. Making us not get to the school for another twenty minutes." I could hear Kat rant on the other end about how I was always running late and that she should have picked Randall and me up.

 "Tell her to stop worrying we are pulling into the parking lot right now." With that said I quickly scanned over the parking lot that we had just turned into. It was a madhouse and from what I could tell there was no more parking. I bit my bottom lip again, I hated having to drive slow around parking lots looking for a spot. I sighed thinking that it would have been smart to get up earlier so I wouldn't be running so late, but I just couldn't get out of bed this morning. Something about my warm bed and cold room kept me from rolling out of my cocoon of blankets on an important day like today.