Chapter 17- You Think That Freedom Exists? It Doesn't

I got plans. Whether they're good or not is the question. I'm listening to my IPod so let's see what happens...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smarty's P.O.V:

Home.

Does it even exist? A safe haven where nothing can happen. A place where you can be happy forever. To me, it never did exist. Because it's distant. A distant, abandoned wasteland of nothing. And I guess the rumors are true about humans, distance disturbs us. I like to think of home as tainted bliss. Because there is no happy thoughts or experiences. You think you're safe until you realize that you'll have to leave it one day...the day everyone dreads. The way your bliss has been tainted by reality.

They say home is where the heart is, but my heart has no place. I still refuse to believe I have one, but the way it aches for Chilled makes me think otherwise. I can never understand the heart, the way it can have a simple request and tear you apart because of it. And all because of one, simple request. The heart wants what it wants, and refuses to make you think otherwise. People always say 'Listen to your heart', but how can you listen to something that you know will tear you apart? I guess that brings us to love.

A quote I can remember seeing about love was 'If you like me. TELL ME. If  you miss me. SHOW IT. If you love me. PROVE IT.' I never understood the point of it. Why would you need to tell someone you like them? If you really liked them, you would make sure. Because feelings can change but they say when it's true love you'll know it because something will tell you that they're the one. But I've seen and heard people cry over their lover. When they find out they never loved them it must hurt, but it never hurt me. I was somewhat immune to emotion. Now, I'm back in New York at my house. I'm in my house thinking about what did. I'm so close to crying but I won't. Because if they were worth my tears they would have seen how much I cared, how much I was hurting inside.

Maybe that's why people beg for attention by doing something dramatic. Because no ever notices the pain they're hiding. I wonder how hard it is to fake a smile...I sure am glad that nobody in the Derp Crew had to do it...I think. Not that I care, they never did. It only seems fitting.

I'm afraid the spotlight dried you up.

Third Person P.O.V:

Observations were probably the one thing that Smarty was good at. He liked to take in all the details of something. It definitely irritated the other members of the Derp Crew. But to say he was easily distracted was an understatement. He just has an attention span of a goldfish, but that doesn't mean that he forgets easily. He is actually an amazing multi-tasker. He can focus on more than five things at a time. Not many people know that about him. Then again, not many people actually cared to talk to him about his entire life, not even his friends.

People thought his life was an open book, just something to read everything about when you felt like learning. It wasn't. What was online was a cover-story.

Chilled had his entire life online. He didn't need much real-life friends that he didn't meet online. Mostly because he doesn't have many. Chilled may have his whole life online, but his past was yet to be discovered. Mostly because he's been doing YouTube since before he graduated. Then he went to college and that definitely helped his success a bit. Especially with the Monopoly Series and his consecutive winning streak.

The Chilled Chaos consultancy firm has definitely become a popular part of his YouTube channel, especially with those who have been there since the beginning.

Tom wasn't successful enough to make as much of a living as the other four members. He came a bit late to the Derp Crew and he wasn't as popular as Chilled or Ze, who, as the fans said, pretty much hold up the Derp Crew and make it entertaining.

Fame and money aside the five friends got along amazingly well considering all their differences. Especially with Chilled's diabolical ways and occasional ego attack. Or Ze's way to sort of  separate himself from the others when playing games, such as Town Of Salem where he pays more attention to what goes on in the chat rather than in the call.

Galm had a interesting way of going about playing in games. He almost always seemed to be a bit more practiced at games. Like in Mario Kart or Splatoon.  And he always has a certain mindset. He always thinks rationally about things that go on in games. You can see this especially in Town Of Salem where he thinks a lot about people's roles or who is just plain annoying. Much like Chilled who is also very focused in games while still being able to have fun.

Tom is a bit more of a mystery. You can think that you have him all figured out, then he throws a curveball and throws you completely off. Like when he was a sleeper agent in Mario Kart that one time. He can be skilled at times and others he can be a completely different person. Some fans could call it split personality but it fits so well together you can never be sure because of the occasional curveball he throws.

And Smarty is probably the easiest to figure out. He doesn't use any method or mindset or skill. He just likes to use luck to his advantage. That's what makes him a perfect fit for an insane person. And the best part is that no one ever notices either.

The fans see Smarty as the tortured, unlucky member of the Derp Crew. Which to an extent is in fact true. But that's just how he wants to be. He is perfectly able to fix his ways and come up with a new method to throw people off but he chooses not to. His method isn't a method at all if you think about it. He just learns the controls and see's where it takes him. He doesn't worry about strategy or deals. He just uses luck to get him at the top. It doesn't really work very well but that's how he likes to work.

You would never believe the things that go through Smarty's head as he sits staring at a wall in his room. In complete silence. That's when he gets his good ideas, the ones that become more cynical. The ones that leave you completely skeptical of the maniac who has yet to be caged in a padded room under lock and key.

You would never suspect the amount of fear going through the other four friends who just found out that they're the targets of a horrible plan that has yet to be discovered.

You would never guess the amount of horror and despair behind the ghastly smirk of the maniac. The amount of fire that burns brightly in his soul's place, preventing any sympathy from coming through.

Like you planned it, you're a bandit. Just a no good, two-bit, filthy rotten criminal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There ya go! I hope that I got the description of everyone right. Well, this is what I think the Derp Crew is like. I've always thought of them like this and sorry that not much is going on with the plotline. I just want to focus a bit more on the details of everyone before I continue because I have to plan out how I want the next events to happen. Oh and the end might be becoming soon as well. I don't know in how many chapters but I think that it will end somewhere after the 20th chapter. I think...I don't know for sure yet. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I promise that the next chapter will have more than just Smarty's POV. BAII