Chapter 9

<Austins POV>

"Aye! Wow! Don't turn this on me." Lucy said.

"Your the one who kept screaming faster." I said.

"No! Liar!" She yelled. We were talking about when I was driving. She rolled her eyes. I did the same. She crossed her arms and I copied her. We are at the park. Its Sunday. Yesterday she made me smile all day.

"Are you copying me?" She asked.

"Are you copying me?" I asked. She flipped me off and I copied her. She wrapped her arms around my neck seductively. She went by my ear.

"Tease." I said. She smiled. I smiled too.

"Excited about tomorrow?" I asked.

"Hell no." She said. I laughed a little than grabbed her hand.

"I mean come on. I was the one covered in a freaking smoothie and I got detention." She said. I laughed.

"I heard her mom died when she was 15." I said.

"Yeah. Well my mom died 7 months ago and the night I found out mind you not is the night my dad started-" she was saying than choked on tears. "Is the night my dad started abusing me." I pulled her into a hug as she cried into my chest. I kissed her forehead.

"Hey. I want to take you some where." I said. She nodded and I pulled her to this little spot.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll see." I said. The sun was starting to set. There was the little stir shelter thing. I slid through it and so did Lucy. We started running to the other side. I walked through and smiled at how beautiful it still is. She smiled.

"Its beautiful." She said running her hand on the flowers.

"Yeah. Me, my mom, and dad all went here when I was younger. We called it our home really. We came here to be family." She smiled. I looked down.

"About 4-5 years ago. My mom was at a bank when a robber came. He told everyone to get down. My mom attacked him from behind. He stabbed her. She shot him. She didn't make it." I said rubbing the back of my neck. I started crying than I sat down. Lucy came up and sat by me.

"I was in this field when my dad told me. That night he got drunk. He came back home really angry. He held the gun at me and started yelling at me. He said 'Why!' Than pulled the gun on him and shot himself in the head. Right in front of me. I lost my mom than watched my dad kill himself." I said. She looked at me. He pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her as I broke into tears.

"Shh. Its okay. Shhh." She said rubbing my back. I nodded and pulled away.

"You know. My dad walked into my room. I asked him if mom was back with the jacket I asked her to get. He shook his head no. Than he grabbed me by my neck and threw me on the ground. He sat on me and stepped on my hands. He was choking me with his other hand. He slapped me than grabbed a knife from his back pocket. He took it and cut my stomach a little." She said pulling up her shirt showing a scar. "Than he had the knife and cut my arms. He looked me in the eye and said 'your mother is dead because of you, you worthless piece is shit." She said. A tear fell down her face. She laid down and looked at the sky.

"Sometimes I look up when things are going rough or I just feel like it and I talk to her." She said. I smiled.

"Let's talk to her now." I said laying down next to her. I grabbed her hand and she smiled at me. She looked up.

"Hey mom." She said voice cracking.

"Hi Mrs. Grant. I'm Austin Burns." I said I saw a smile come across Lucy's face.

"Well. Mom. I know you watch me up there. I know you see what dad does to me, but the last few days. I'm not completely miserable. I'm actually starting to be happy." She said. I smiled. I heard her take a deep breath. "I miss you." Her voice cracking from crying. I looked at her and my smile faded. She had a smile a few seconds ago.

"I know you were happy and I'm sorry for wanting that jacket so bad. I just can't help, but feel that I'm in this position because of me." She was saying tears falling from her eyes. I stayed silent not exactly knowing what to say.

"And I know you wouldn't want me to feel that way. I know that you don't blame me." She said. She squeezed my hand.

"I just can't help, but blame myself for it. I love you mom." She said choking on tears. I felt tears fall down my face. I know she is hurting bad. Really bad.

"Bye. Love you mom." She said. She started crying even more. I got closer to her and she laid her head on my chest. I kissed her forehead. She cried into my chest. I held her tight as she broke down in my arms. I kissed her forehead and rubbed her back.

"Hey. It isnt your fault. Shit happens. Bad shit. Don't blame yourself." I said. I hugged her. I was rubbing her arm now. I started to cry because it hurt to see her like this. I know I'm falling for her. I might as well say I did. Mostly because I did. I fell for the good girl. I kissed her forehead again as she kept crying. I made her look at me. I smiled at her.

"Its okay." I said. She nodded and laid back on my chest. I rubbed her side this time.

"Thank you." She said.

"Anytime." I said. She laughed a little. A few weeks ago I thought she wan a normal nerd that nobody cared about. That I didn't care about. Now. Now she is all I think about. She really is the only one who puts a smile on my face. Now that I think about it she might as well be the one.

The good girl made me fall hard. I smiled at that thought.