The funeral (Part 2)

Jack G's POV

Jack had done so much work for Cameron, it made me realise how much of a selfish bastard I really was. I let go of the most amazing guy in order to gain what? A slutty girl who knows how to give good blow jobs? Not really something to be amazed by or to brag to your friends about, especially as they all think you're a gay prick.

I heard Amanda shouting that Jack had left early. When I went over to her and Hayes I asked her where he had gone and I ran out to the balcony myself. Matt was stood near the door holding onto his phone, smiling down at a photo.

'If you're looking for Jack you're a bit late. He went running off down there.' Matt explained, pointing in the direction Jack had gone. I smiled at him and then ran down the balcony stairs and ran off into the darkness. I turned back and looked up at the party, Amanda was busy laughing along with Taylor now, she won't even notice that I've gone. The darkness led me back into a small town which was illuminated with the old fashioned gas lamps you used to see everywhere. Dotted around was cars and strollers. The only place open was a little coffee shop right in the centre. There was no sign of Jack outside, but maybe he was in there.

I opened up the coffee shop's door and walked over to the counter. People were watching a baseball game on a small screen on one side of the shop, everyone else was busy enjoying their drinks and snacks to be paying attention.

'What can I get ya' sonny boy?' the woman behind the counter said to me.

'I'll have a small latte with chocolate flakes and cream.'  said with a smile. The woman sighed and then began making my drink. 'It's quite busy in here.' I said to her.

'Its always busy on matchday. The locals around here don't really get to see each other often. We mostly work outside the town so during the week you don't see each other. Matchday is the only day we all come together.' she explained, she seemed so in love with her town it made my heart melt, but not as much as Jack does.

'That's awesome. I don't suppose a blonde boy, about this big,' I made Jack's height with my hands 'has passed through here at all has he?' I asked her.

'Nope, sorry sonny boy, I would have noticed a blonde boy. We only have one blonde in this neighbourhood.' She laughed at herself and gave me my latte. I put the money down on the counter and found myself a spare table by the window, so I could keep a lookout for Jack. I called him whilst I was sat there, my phone went straight to his voicemail, meaning his phone was off or he had no signal. I finished up my drink and decided to go back to the party. Shawn let me in the main door and I was instantly swamped by Cameron asking me if I knew where Jack was.

'Did you find him?' he asked, practically hanging off of my legs.

'No I couldn't find him anywhere. I tried calling him too but his phone must be off.' I replied. Cameron's face went to utter panic and desperation.

'Look Jack I need to tell you something but you can't tell Jack or anyone else that I told you, not even your little fuckbuddy over there.' Cameron then pointed to Amanda who was busy eating meatball subs. I nodded at Cameron. 'Jack's suicidal.' Cameron said to me. I could tell instantly that my face had lost all colour. I felt dead. My Jack wouldn't do anything to harm himself would he?

'How do you know?' I asked

'I found a diary he keeps hidden in the cupboard under the sink. I didn't know it was his until I moved it slightly and he asked me if I had touched it. All his innermost thoughts are in that diary Jack, everything he's ever dreamed of or thought about is all noted down in those pages. There's so much stuff in there about Amanda and losing you. It's killing him inside, he's just too much of a Johnson to admit it. I don't want to lose him like I lost Nash Jack.' Cameron was basically in tears in front of me. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close to my chest. Amanda shot me a death glare from across the room. I stuck my finger up at her and she laughed. My girlfriend laughed at one of my friends crying. Just as I let go of Cameron, Matt came running over to us, holding his phone out in front of him.

'Jack, he's calling me. You answer.' Matt passed me his phone and I picked up the call.

'Hello?' I said

'Jack? Why are you on Matt's phone.' He asked. I could hear traffic which meant that he was near a road.

'He gave it to me when he saw your caller ID. I've been out looking for you, and I tried calling you. Where are you?' I asked him

'Where I am doesn't matter, you obviously didn't look hard enough to findme otherwise you would have. Anyway, I'm not going to be here much longer so why should you care.'

'Because you'remy best friend Jack and I don't want anything bad to happen to you. I know our breakup has been rough on both you and I, I miss you like crazy I really do. But I don't want any hard feelings.'

'Saying I'm your best friend really doesn't help how I'm feeling to be honest Jack. If you're down and the person you love constantly tells you that you're their best friend and nothing more, you get pretty upset about it. I'm so fucked up in the head over you and I don't even know why. You're pathetic to me, I don't need you anymore.'

'If you don't need me then why aren't you here. I know you can't stand seeing me out with Amanda, but that's who I'm with now and we both need to get used to that.'

'But what's the point in me being here if the person I need the most and want the most, doesn't want or need me.'

'Because there's so much more to life than me JJ, you have all your friends and everything. And I'm probably never going to admit it again, but I'm never going to stop being in love with you JJ, you're my soul mate, we both know it, but for now it's probably best if we're apart.'

'Just go and be happy Gilinksy, forget about me. I'm not important. I'm replaceable as I've found out recently.'

'Jack, Cameron needs you, please stop talking like this.'

'Talking like what? I'm only telling the truth Jack. And Cameron might need me, but I'm fed up with everyone constantly needing me. Who's there for me when I need someone?'

'I am.'

'But you're not are you? You're too busy being a man slut who can't decide whether he wants to fuck boys or girls, you've not been there for me for ages now, you're too selfish and I hate you.'

'Jack I love you.'

'Someday you'll love me like I loved you, someday you'll need me but I won't need you. But maybe one day I'll leave you like you left me. That'll be when you realise that you were busy catching pebbles when you could have had that diamond.'

'Jack I-' I couldn't finish the rest of my sentence as there was a loud crash and a bang on the end of the line, a scream, a splash, and then the line went dead.

----------------------------------------------------the end (to be continued)------------------------------------------------

(HEY GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS CHAPTER, I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK. IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS ILL UPLOAD A TASTER OF THE SEQUEL INTO HERE AND THEN ILL UPLOAD THE SEQUEL.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS BOOK. IF YOU DID, THEN COMMENT SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE PARTS OR LINES AT THE END OF THIS PARAGRAPH.

IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY THEN PLEASE GO AND FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER, BOTH USER NAMES ARE annaa_peake.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN FOR READING THIS BOOK. PLEASE GO BACK AND VOTE ON ANY CHAPTERS THAT YOU HAVENT VOTED ON AND PLEASE RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS ETC. I'D LOVE IT IF IT HIT 200k READS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY ON SEPTEMBER 18TH.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH, AND FEEL FREE TO DROP ME A MESSAGE ANYTIME.

LOVE FROM, ANNAA XXXXXXXXXXXX)