Chapter Twenty One: Good in Goodbye

I cuddled closer to Harry's warm body while he shifted uncomfortably beneath me. We were sitting as close as possible on his couch watching Wreck It Ralph, which may just be the cutest movie ever made. 

We had finished our conversation hours ago, and we were waiting for the others to return so that we could tell them the news. I honestly wasn't sure how they would take it though. I know some of them, Zayn, don't approve of me, and I just want them to be happy that Harry is happy. 

"I just want to stay like this forever." Harry sleepily mumbles before he places a gentle kiss on my head while a grin lit up my face. 

After that, we lapsed into another silence. This time it was a comfortable silence. I mean, why would we want to unnecessarily make small talk when we could be comfortable just holding each other. I guess that's part of my definition of love. Someone who makes me want to shut the hell up for a minute and just share a silence.

"It turns out I don't need a medal to be a good guy, 'cause if that little kid loves me, how bad can I be." I hear Ralph's voice fill the room, and suddenly my mind is somewhere else entirely.

"Andy, you can't just keep behaving like this. Something has to change." Maria, my manager, scolded waving my newest front page exploits in front of my face.

"You need a good news story, or people will start dropping you." She continued, and I just buried my face in my hands. I was far too hungover to be having this very loud conversation.

"An affair, Andrea, you knew he was married. You knew this would get out. What were you thinking? Of course, you weren't thinking. You won't keep getting away with anything and everything. This cannot continue. Maybe I should send you to your aunts." She sighed, but her final sentence had snagged my attention.

I have been threatened with having to go and live with my aunt several times these past few months, and it was the only threat that could get me to clean up my act, even if it just stayed clean for the next few days.

Not that there would be anything wrong with living with my aunt, it would just be ripping me away from my world. She lives in the definition of the middle of nowhere Southern Mississippi. You know, the place where y'all is overused. I'm just not sure I could handle that, y'all.

"Andy, are you even listening to me?" Maria dramatically wailed. Throwing her arms about as she did so. In truth, I had checked out the second she said 'send you to your aunts.'

"Maria, I could solve world hunger, and the media would still hate me. I would still be selfish and vindictive. I would still be the heartless little girl that they see me as." I snapped, growing ill with her constant nagging.

"Maybe if you didn't leak sex tapes with directors, didn't let naked photos of yourself get leaked by random hookups, didn't get caught leaving a different guy's apartment every morning, didn't break up marriages, and didn't forget that you're underage the media wouldn't see you as a monster. They didn't just paint you this way. This isn't slander. You really do what they claim you do." She shot right back, and if I'm honest, her words hurt more than they should have.

I snap out of the memory to the sound of Harry's soft snoring filling my ears. I hadn't even noticed that he had fallen asleep.

I wracked my brains for reasons why that simple movie line took me back to one of the numerous lectures that I had received about negative bad attention. In the end, I decided that it was because that it didn't matter how the media or anyone else saw me. This sleeping boy next to me loves me, how bad can I be?