Chapter Eleven: Betting and Manipulation

After our talk, I was convinced that things between Harry and I were back to normal. We were back to our flirty and playful selves, putting all of our petty jealousy aside. I had stayed the night in his flat, and we barely even touched each other. We had just stayed up until the early hours of the morning talking about everything and nothing. It was a new experience for me, sleeping with someone in the most innocent form of the word.

I loved being with Harry like this, but I hated that I was getting so attached. I hated that we couldn't pretend forever and at some point our fake relationship would have to be over, and who knows what will happen then. 

I had eventually fallen asleep in his arms cuddled close to his chest, I hadn't been with anyone like this since Kendall, and that scared me more than anything. 

The next morning, I'm awoken to the sound of soft mumbling coming from the other side of the room. I was about to make my presence known when I heard my name. I froze and decided to pretend to be asleep considering how angry Harry sounded.

"No, Niall, she doesn't mean anything to me." I heard him whisper, and my heart squeezed.

"Yes, she is pretty fit, but..." He was cut off by the person on the other end, who I'm assuming was Niall. 

"I can handle her. I make every girl fall for me. She's no different, Ni. She already had feelings for me. I can tell." He replied in his hushed voice, and my heart fell with every word he was saying.

"She has no clue that I've been playing her this entire time. You betting me to hit on her was genius. She's trusting me." He continued.

"She opened up to me last night, Ni. I've got her hooked." He whispered.

"Give me another month, Niall. I'll leave her broken before she even knows what hits her." 

I stopped listening after that. I couldn't hear anymore. After everything, I was just a bet to him. I didn't mean anything. I wanted to pretend like this was just some twisted nightmare, but no matter how many times I squeezed my eyes closed and reopened them, this was still real.

This was just some game. Some game that I was obviously helping him win. He was right, I did have some kind of feelings for him, but they just went out the window past the horrible curtains of his. 

It didn't take long for me to realize that the other boys were playing me, too. It's like I'm a violen and they're playing me to the beat. They're all lying to me. They're all just... everything that I've ever hated in people. Are they so bored that they have to make my life more miserable than it is? 

After a few more minutes of hushed conversation, Harry says his goodbye's and I struggle to keep my composure. I just couldn't believe that this was actually happening. 

"Who are you talking to?" I mumbled, hoping that my voice sounded as if I had just woken up. 

"Just my mum, she's still crazy about meeting you." He lied smoothly. If I hadn't of just heard him, I would have easily believed him.

Maybe Harry was a better actor that I had originally given him credit for. We were pulling off this relationship without anyone having a clue, and he was successfully playing me while I was clueless and falling harder for him. 

"Oh, well. I have tomorrow off. We could drive up there if you like." I shoot him a sleepy smile, and pile my long brown hair into a messy bun on the top of my head.

"I would love that." He grinned, making my heart sink even more.

Harry then dismissed himself from his bedroom, and went to take a quick shower before he got ready for the interview he had with some radio station that I had never heard of before. According to Harry, Louis had stayed the night with Eleanor so he would just be meeting the boys there, but who knows if anything that comes out of his mouth is even true.

As soon as I hear Harry start belting out the lyrics to 'She's Not Afraid', I pick up my phone and call the only person that I can trust right now, Cher. 

When I heard her confused voice come through the phone, the tears started to fall faster than I could control them. I just felt so used and so stupid. If there was something I never wanted to be, it was this girl. The one who got played and got her heartbroken by someone she was warned about.

I quickly filled Cher in considering I wasn't sure how much time I would have until Harry made his reappearance. 

She was silent for a few moments, and I could tell that she was overwhelmed. Harry was one of her closest friends, so finding out that he was hurting me like this hurt her, also. 

Especially after I had trusted Harry with everything. With everything about my past. With things that no one else knew. He knows how badly Kendall hurt me, but here he is, just as willing to rip my heart out as if it's nothing.

"Andy, you have to listen to me." She said confidently after she found her voice. "Turn this around. You know how to play his game. I've seen you play people for months. This should be easy for you." Cher reminded me.

"You're right. You're completely right. He wants a game? I'll give him one." I assured, wiping the remaining tears from my face just as the water in the bathroom shuts off.

"So what's your plan?" She asked me eagerly.

Cher has always loved her drama. I'm one hundred percent sure that's the only reason that she's friends with me. Because a lot of drama comes with me. 

"I'm going to let him think that I couldn't be more in love, but I'm going to make him work for it. I'm done sleeping with him. Time to become a tease." I chuckle. 

"Good, Andy. Make him realize that you don't really love him, and that you're just pretending you are." She giggled, obviously approving of my plan.

"That's the thing though, Cher. I'm not pretending. I have to go. Harry's coming." I rushed before I hit the end button and threw my phone back onto Harry's bed.

I sigh and run my hands against my face hoping to clear the pain and confusion that had taken over my thoughts. 

It was rather easy to distract myself, though, the second that Harry walked into the room dripping wet with a towel hanging loosely around his waist. I still wasn't sure how it was possible for one person to look as good as Harold Edward Styles does. 

It was this moment when I decided that there was no way that he was human, well, until I remembered that he had me fooled. Maybe deception was his dark side.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry's raspy voice brought me out of my thoughts and back into the painful present.

"I'm not thinking about anything." I lied. I couldn't exactly tell him the truth.

"Liar." He chuckled, as he pulled on a pair of boxers.

I guess that my facial expression told him not to press it, because he quickly changed the subject. "Why don't you come with me today? The lads would love to see you." He suggested with a cheeky wink in my direction.

"I'm not dressed, Haz. Besides, I have to have lunch with Josh." I remind him, grinning at the thought of seeing my adorable costar this afternoon. 

"I'll miss you." He pouts, and I almost give into his green eyes. Harry isn't the easiest person to say no to. 

I just roll my eyes and giggle at his words, playing my part. 

"I'll miss you, too, babe." I grin, and now it's Harry's turn to roll his eyes.

Within the next twenty mintues, Harry is out the door, and I'm standing in front of the bathroom mirror coming up with a plan on my own, maybe it's time to let the player know exactly what kind of game I'm playing.