Chapter Fifty-One

"No!"

Nikki faced Josh with a look of confusion. He met her furrowed brow with a soft smile before pushing her gently through the bedroom door.

"I know what you were thinking and it's not going to happen. The second I close this door we're going to ignore everything that's going on and just enjoy each other."

"It's not that simple-"

The slam of the door startled her.

"It is. We've all agreed that we'll pick up again in the morning. Until then consider this 'no man's land'. What we do now will not affect anything that is said or done in the morning. We get tonight. Just, give me this one night, no questions asked." Josh was pleading and he was fighting dirty.

Leaning against the wall, the smirk that Nikki loved so much danced across his face and his eyes sparkled. "Tell me you don't want one more night with me and I'll leave you to sleep. I'm not going to force you into anything but I won't walk away when it's so damn obvious that you want this just as much as I do."

He slid towards her with confidence. "Just tell me when to stop," he breathed, his eyes half closed and his lips hovering over hers.

He paused for a second giving her the briefest of moments to make her decision but despite all the chatter in her head, there was no choice to make. Josh would get his night, even if it were his last with her. They could give each other everything tonight and worry about the consequence tomorrow.

He brushed his lips against hers deftly and gently held her face in his fingertips. With the lightest of touches he tipped her head back and moved his mouth down to the dip between her collarbones.

Nikki paused with her eyes closed and her arms hanging limply by her sides giving in to Josh. Her heart beat heavily, every thud pushing her ardour around her body.

Moving his hands to her waist, Josh turned her and pulled her back to his chest, putting his mouth to her ear. Nipping her earlobe, his arms pulled her tighter and he inhaled her scent. For a brief, quiet moment, he rested his chin on her shoulder as the stars broke through the clouds.

"I could stay here forever," he whispered.

Leaning back, Nikki tipped her face towards him and kissed his cheek. "Me too."

Josh smiled as he hugged her and pressed his lips to her neck peppering her with chaste kisses. As his lips fluttered over her skin his hands carefully slid her t-shirt up. When he had pushed it as high as it would go, Nikki pulled it up over her head. As the material covered her face, Josh spun her to face him, taking the garment from her he let it fall to the floor.

Their eyes joined and the world stopped turning as they looked at one another. The connection they had found solidified in the intensity of their gaze. In his eyes Nikki could see every feeling he had ever had for her and she couldn't stop the corners of her lips from rising.

Josh mirrored her smile as he kissed the tip of her nose. "Forever," he said before removing his own top.

Her palms were pressed against him before the clothing left his hands and she followed every contour of his torso carefully, committing it to her memory. His skin, smooth and pale invited her fingers to glide down to his stomach and over his abdominal muscles that twitched under her touch.

She explored him, trailing her fingertips around to his back as she moved to stand behind him. Stretching up on her tiptoes she ran her hands down his arms and kissed the base of his neck earning a shudder from him.

She smiled. This wasn't just sex and although she would never say it, she was glad. Looking to the side, she laid her face against his back and held on to him, taking in the moment of closeness and contentment.