Chapter 45 - Ending B

I think starting over was tough because i still couldn't get over the whole thing. Everyday i ask myself whether leaving all of them behind was a good decision, but i couldn't bring myself to a clear answer.

Sehee would repetitively remind me, "the decisions you made will benefit you soon, just not today." I had a really hard time. As much as i tried to forget him, i still couldn't take away a part of him. I was still wearing that necklace he gave me on my birthday. His voice was stuck in my head, telling me to look at that necklace to be reminded that he loves me.

I would call myself stupid for still having hopes but that's the only way for me to get exhausted and give up, right? Sehee would straightforwardly tell me that there's nothing for me to wait for anymore. I've been hurt countless of times but i'm still not learning my lesson.

It's been 15 months since i came back to Germany, people around me are still persuading me. Joohyuk probably gave up on telling me that there's no point waiting for him, that's why one day when we were taking a stroll, he told me, "okay look. Since this is how you want it to be then, go for it. Wait for him. Just don't be depressed all the time, i want to see that cheerful girl again. If you think he still likes you then be positive about it."

I held on to that piece of advice for the next 9 months and.... Well, i kinda gave up because, it's impossible isn't it? I would occasionally speak to Yoora unnie and ask how is he, all i know is he's happily dating from one girl to another.

What was i even thinking.

I slowly got back to my daily life, moving on bit by bit. Of course there were a few hiccups here and there but, i managed to get over him somehow. I still kept the necklace on though.

As usual after work, i would walk home on my own. Sometimes with Joohyuk, but i was alone this time. I was rushing because it was really cold outside and i just want to get home quickly. My footsteps got faster but it halted when i accidentally bumped into someone and all their stuff scattered on the ground.

"Das tut mir leid. Ich werde es holen für Sie." (I'm sorry about that. I'll get it for you.) I said as i bent down to pick up all the books and papers that fell. I compiled everything neatly and hand it over. As i got up, i made eye contact.

"I.. Couldn't get what you were saying just now but... Hi?" He spoke as i stared at him and totally zoned out. "Hey do you remember me? Hello?" He waved his hand in front of my eyes and i didn't even blink. "Ich muss gehen..." (I have to go) I said softly as i looked away and went off.

Why was he here? I thought everything was over. My thoughts were all over my mind at that point of time. I was about to make the turn to my house when he pulled my hand, "Haru, i came all the way here for you. Please don't run away." I let out a sigh, i guess catching up won't kill right?

As we walked to the cafe nearby, he interlocked his hand with mine. It was rather awkward, but i miss it. We sat facing each other with a cup of coffee each in front of us. I didn't know what to say.

"I came all the way here for you. I know i've been an ass towards you. I go out there and date different girls, not realizing that i lost a gem. It took me awhile to realize. Jonghyun hyung played a part, telling me every single detail of how you feel back then and now. I'm sorry, i'm sorry for all the things i've done not considering your feelings." If Sehee was here, she would have asked me to leave this instant. I could feel the sincerity in his words and furthermore, how could i walk away from the man i love? 

"I forgave you long ago and i will keep forgiving you for the next few mistakes you're going to make. I will not look at you for all the wrong you've done but for this one thing you've done right." I tried not to tear up, but i ended up crying buckets.

Sehee was mad at first when she got to know that we're back together, but deep down she knows that he's the one for me.

I moved back to Korea and got a house together with Sehun, we got married of course. I also got my job back at SM, which means back to listening to the boys whining and complaining all day.

Getting off work feels different now because i don't come home to an empty house anymore. We would sit on the sofa the moment we reach home with our hands interlocked and Sehun hugging me close to him. He'll lean his head on my head, then we'll make plans for the night.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Do you want to go to your favourite restaurant?" I suggested since he's been eating the same food the past week.

"Then we'll go to your favourite cafe for dessert after that. How's that?"

"Sounds cool. Okay last one out will pay everything!!" I quickly let go of his hands and ran up to the room. Sehun won't bother running because he'll pay for everything no matter what.

Well, that's how my life is after marriage. We basically see each other 24/7 and no, we never got tired of each other. In fact, we need each other even more. I'm blessed to have him by my side throughout the years.

Sometimes, we have to go deep inside ourselves to solve our problems. So remember, always follow your heart. Your instinct is the best advice to follow.