Chapter 45 - Ending A

"Kim Minhyun, hold my hand. Don't run away again. Understand?" I turned to my right and held onto her hand tightly, "Oh Soojung, you too hold my hand okay?" It was tough taking care of two 4 year old kids at a really busy place.

"Okay come, hold my hand. We'll go meet your fathers now." I said as i held their hands and walked from the waiting room to the stage.

It's been awhile since i last played around at the backstage area. Thanks to Yoora unnie and CEO Lee for giving me the VIP backstage pass. The SMTOWN Live in Tokyo was happening today. It was really nice to see the familiar faces again, but not everyone knows that i'm here.

I was walking towards the stage and Yoora was on standby at the side of the stage, "are you ready to get out there?"

"Yes..... No not really. Nervous but i'll be okay."

"Hold their hands tightly, they're daddy's little princesses."

I stood at the side, watching them working hard during rehearsal. I took a deep breath then let go of Minhyun and Soojung's hands, they ran as fast as their little feet could carry them to whom i assume are their respective dads.

Minhyun ran to the person i least expected, "Minhyun ah! What are you doing here? Didn't i told you to stay with Yoora unnie at the waiting room?" He squat down as he spoke strictly to Minhyun, then gave her a hug.

"Soojungie? Who brought you here?" He asked while adjusting his mic. Soojung looked over to my side and pointed. All of them turned and Yoora unnie gave me a slight push, "go for it!" It was really awkward to be appearing out of nowhere after so long and all of them were speechless while staring at me.

"Ya ya ya, what is this? Where did you come from? How can you just appear like this?" Chanyeol was the first one to respond to my sudden appearance. "I'm here to support you guys of course!!" While everyone had their attention on me, i saw someone walking off towards the other end of the stage and sat there. I walked towards him and sat next to him.

"Is Minhyun your kid? She's really cute." I tried to start a conversation. Before he could even answer me, the rest already surrounded us. "Our Minhyunnie is Junmyeon hyung's daughter! Soojung here is Sehun's princess." Taemin answered my question.

Suddenly Minhyun went over to Jonghyun's side, "uncle Jonghyun, why are you crying? Isn't this the girl you keep telling us about?" Junmyeon quickly covered her mouth and took her away, "okay guys, back to rehearsals! Haru, do you mind taking Minhyun and Soojung with you? Thanks! See you later!"

I spent the rest of my night with Minhyun and Soojung. Playing in the waiting room, gossiping and watching the concert together. When SHINee had their break, Jonghyun came to the waiting room where i was. Minhyun and Soojung ran over to him and gave him hugs and kisses, he then sat in front of me, "You thought Minhyun was my kid because she ran to me just now right? She's Junmyeon's daughter. Soojung here, is... Mmm.."

"I already know that jjong. She's Junmyeon's and she's Sehun's. I don't feel bitter about it, as long as Sehun is happy." Honestly, i didn't expect it to be this way but if Sehun is happy with what he have now, then i'm happy for him. "So... Why are you back here? Because you miss Sehun?" He looked away as he asked me. "I'm back here because i miss all of you, not just Sehun."

"Okay great, i'll see you later then." I guess he was done with me, done with that i'll-only-come-back-to-korea-because-i-miss-sehun crap. Jjong got up and was about to leave the room.

"Jjong? Honestly, i came back because i wanted to see how you're doing. For the past 3-4 years, i kept asking Yoora unnie how you're doing and whatnot. I knew Sehun already had a kid and i knew you've been talking a lot about me. I'm sorry i made you feel lonely and used the past years, i'm an ass i know that. Can we start over?" I was nervous for his answer. It wasn't easy for me to say all that to him after all that happened. He didn't say a word and left the room. I threw myself on the sofa and heaved a huge sigh.

"Uncle Jonghyun loves you." Minhyun said to me as she cuddled in my arms. Before the end of the concert, Yoora unnie brought Minhyun and Soojung to the stage because their dads wanted them to be up there together with the rest. All the managers were on stage too, so i decided to leave early. I bumped into CEO Lee and said goodbye but he gave me that look, "Haru? Where are you going? Come let's go up the stage together!" He didn't even allow me to answer, he just pulled me along with him.

I kept moving forward, i was lost in the crowd of
SM staffs and idols. Just then, a hand grabbed me. I turned and found Jonghyun squeezing his way through while still holding on to my hand. He stood in front of me, all smiles and took both my hands.

Was he going to say something? I certainly am not ready to hear anything right now.

"Remember when you asked whether we can start over just now back in the waiting room?" He was screaming, because the music was so loud. "Yes, why?" I screamed back despite the music overshadowing my voice. "Okay let's start over, will you.....?"

"What? I can't hear you jjong!!"

"Will you ("&(&;$:$?"

Someone pushed me from behind, resulting me to fall into jjong's arms. I was totally flustered trying to get back to where i was standing. Instead, he pulled me closer. I could feel his nose grazing my ear and i could feel his breath as he let out a few words, "will you date me?"

What do you think i said? No? Since i mentioned that "first love never dies" the other time.

Well, of course i agreed to it. If i didn't, i don't think he'll be a proud father today. We have a little princess named Kim Jaerin.

I had to move back to Korea since Jonghyun still works under SM and obviously have no plans to leave, so we bought a mansion big enough for our little family.

It's lovely to wake up to the man who loves you wholeheartedly, and getting kisses first thing in the morning. It's not that dreamlike though, we woke up to Jaerin's cryings too. Jonghyun would take over parental duties the moment he steps into the house, even when he's dead exhausted and all he wants is to rest.

He would occasionally bring Jaerin to the company building or to his concerts, letting her familiarize with his job. He would carry her and let her say things into the mic, letting her hear her voice 10 times louder over the speakers and be goofy together on stage with the other members. Sometimes Jaerin and i would accompany him at the broadcast station as he host his radio show. At home, they'll run around the house chasing each other while mummy instincts would make me scream to make sure neither of them gets injured or break anything in the house.

Having them both in my life is enough to keep me sane forever. The decision i made 4 years back, on that stage was probably one of the best decisions i've ever made.