Chapter 11

During one of their practices, we were all in the practice room together with the other managers as well. The managers were all doing paper works and organising schedules. it was during lunch time when Baekhyun, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Yixing and i laid hands on the piano for a battle. It was all fun and games plus we were laughing so much at first, but things got serious when it was the final battle between Yixing and i. But i won in the end. I really did put all the years of studying music and passion into that battle.

The boys were all heading back to their dorm since the night ended early. I was about to leave SM building when i saw Sehun standing at the lobby.

"Sehun? Why are you still here?" I asked with my eyes widened.

"Oh Haru. I... I was waiting for you actually...." He replied while looking down.

"Me? What for?" I was still looking him in the eye.

"Errrr.... would you like to go to dinner with me? i'll drive."

Sehun? Me? Dinner? I was hesitating to reply. "Seriously? Mmm...... okay, let's go"

We had dinner at a place where there wasn't much people and we really enjoyed the food. Plus the view was a bonus. We talked a lot and we somehow jumped into the topic about our love life. I didn't had much to say because i spent my years in school just studying and graduating. Surprisingly, Sehun didn't had much to say too. But he looks like as if he had something to say but couldn't say it out. We were talking when Junmyeon called and asked where is he. We continued talking late into the night and left at about 1am. He drove me home and sent me till my doorstep.

Before i opened my door, Sehun pulled my hand. "Haru ya, happy birthday. I'm sorry i couldn't wish you at midnight just now because we were talking and i didn't want to cut you off." he handed me a box. "it's okay Sehun, thank you so much. Drive back to dorm safely!" he then pulled me closer, hugged me and gave me a peck on my forehead. "goodnight, i'll see you tomorrow" he said and left.

I was really excited to open the present. Rushed up to my room, showered and changed out. I was staring at the box and decided to gently unwrap the box. Opened it and found a necklace with a beautiful locket, opened the locket and saw Sehun's name engraved on the left and "i sincerely love you, Kim Haru" on the right. I looked into the box again and saw a letter.

"난, 너를 좋아 하는데..
바, 라만 보고 있어도 행복한데..
보, 여줄 수 없다는게 마음 아플 뿐이야"

"I like you, but... Just looking at you makes me happy, but... It just hurts that i can't express it to you."

"Happy birthday my dear Kim Haru."

I've definitely not seen this side of him before, but it was really sweet. Well at least this year i started my birthday right. I fell into a deep sleep after that.

Se Hee started my morning with a video message since she was abroad. I teared while watching it because it was so touching and she even mailed me presents that came in a huge box. Branded goods from New York are the best. The day went as per normal, running around completing schedules with the boys and the team. We were too busy till i totally forgot about my birthday. "Ok guys, this is the last schedule for the day!" Manager Lee shouted and cheered everyone on. The shoot went well and we ended the schedule on time, it was almost 11pm when we reached SM building. The boys would usually be lying on the floor of the practice room while waiting for the manager to do a debrief and update for the next day's schedule, which was what i was supposed to do. But they weren't there and Manager Lee said i could go home.

I was really happy to reach home after a long tiring day. When i went into my room and switched on the lights, i saw a pile of presents on my bed and a note saying, "Your music room has something new. Love, Mum & Dad". I was so excited and i was really hoping for a new piano, i rushed down to the music room and stopped when i was at the door. Entered the room and tried to switch on the lights but it failed, i didn't care about the lights and used the flashlight from phone and made my way to the piano area. THERE REALLY WAS A NEW PIANO WITH A HUGE RIBBON ON TOP! I was so happy i screamed like crazy.

Suddenly i saw the reflection on the mirror. A light? A fire? The lights came on and i saw how pretty the music room was decorated and the boys were all standing there with Sehun holding the cake. When they were singing the birthday song, i was really shy and didn't know what to do. Sehun looked at me from the moment i was making my wish till i blowed off the candles. They each gave me a hug and we ate the cake together.

"Have you opened our presents?" Baekhyun asked excitedly.

"No, they're still on my bed. I'll open them nicely later. Thank you for all the gifts you guys." I said and my eyes filled with tears.

"Ya, why are you crying?" Jongdae asked while taking the tissue box.

"I've never celebrated my birthday with so much lovely people before."

Sehun took the tissue from Jongdae and walked over to me and gave me a hug, which slowly turned into a group hug.

"We did this to thank you for all the things you've done for EXO." Junmyeon said.

"We hope you like this surprise and the presents! We love you, Haru!" The boys said together in a chorus.

Right after the celebration, we did the debrief and i also updated them about the schedules for the next day. We can never miss out that, it's the most important thing to end the day. After all that, Manager Lee came over and handed me a present then said, "You're doing really well. Keep it up and we'll have more good news for you soon."

Before they left, Sehun made sure i was safe and sound in my room. "Ya Oh Sehun, are you not going to put this on for me?" He looked at me and laughed. That look he has when he smiles or laugh is really charming. He took the necklace and put it on for me then looked at me and said, "I hope you'll treasure this well. Even when i'm too busy to tell you, just open the locket and read it." he gave me one last hug and a kiss on the forehead before he left with the boys and the manager.

It was real, we were falling for each other. Besides the feelings, i really had a memorable birthday with a bunch of lovely people. It's a pity my best friend couldn't be here.

(in case you're wondering what the boys gave, i'll tell you.)

Xiumin - super cute purple bunny from build a bear workshop.

Suho - michael kors handbag.

Lay - a black MCM bag.

Baekhyun - a polaroid of himself. (as expected)

Chen - a pair of red Nike Flyknit trainers to match theirs.

Chanyeol - overdose five panel cap.

D.o - black michael kors travel purse which i really wanted.

Tao - pretty flats from gucci.

Kai - a pair of red air jordans which match theirs.

Sehun - necklace and matching pinku pinku.