Chapter 30

Kim Sun-hee

It was the following Sunday, at around six in the afternoon, that I received a text message from no other than Byun Baekhyun.

From: Baekhyun

Hi, Sun-hee. It's Baekhyun. I wanted to know if you were free today? I'd really like it for you to come over. You're fun to be with.

I was somewhat confused, since he had never asked me to hang out with him, but I decided to go. I quickly stepped into the bathroom and took a quick shower, then got dressed into some tight jeans and a shirt. I didn't really dress up to go to Chanyeol's house, since it was, well, Chanyeol's house.

I had Hwanchul drive me over there, where he dropped me off and immediately left, since my parents were in town and required of his services because one of their drivers had caught a cold.

I made my way to the second floor, where Chanyeol's flat was.

"Hey, Sun-hee~ you came!" Baekhyun exclaimed once he fully opened the door.

I raised an eyebrow at him, but found myself smiling. "Why did you invite me over?" I asked as we walked into the living room.

"Just because. Chanyeol will be accompanying us in a few. He said he has to look presentable for you." Baekhyun winked, and I felt my stomach clench. Did he know?

I gulped, hoping that he wouldn't notice. "Okay."

"Okay." There was a small smirk drawn on his pink lips as he sat on the couch. "So tell me, how are things with my hyung going?"

I sat on the couch, as well, but not too close to him. "Alright, I guess."

"Do you like him? A lot?"

"I don't really know," I accidentally blurted out. I quickly bit my lower lip and looked away from Baekhyun.

"How can you possibly not know? You told him so."

I blinked thrice, hoping that that'd slow down my erratical heartbeat. It didn't. "I have to know him better first," I said in a small voice, still not looking at Baekhyun in the eye.

"Or maybe there is someone else that you like?"

I abruptly shot my head to the side, staring at him directly. "What did you say?"

"I have something to ask you, but if I'm not mistaken, Chanyeol will step out of the bathroom in a matter of seconds, so later tonight, when you 'leave', wait for me by the stairs."

I nodded my head slowly, but said nothing. I was really curious to hear what he had to say. I wanted to tell myself that he didn't know, but I knew that he knew. After all, he was always staring and listening intently, analyzing everything that went on every single time we were all together.

But if he knew, did that mean that Chanyeol knew?

In that exact same moment, Chanyeol stepped out of the bathroom, snapping me out of my thoughts. He had a smile plastered on his precious face, making me melt on the inside. He was, oh, so handsome. "Hi," he said as he reached his hand out in front of me.

I thought he wanted to shake my hand, so I placed it in his, but instead, he pulled me up and wrapped his arms around my small frame. I felt my heart beat faster by the second, and the thought of him noticing it, since our bodies were tightly pressed against each other, made me even more nervous.

"Hi," he whispered into my ear. "How are you today?"

My eyes fluttered at the sound of his voice, which was so soothing. "I'm good. What about you?"

"I'm feeling better now."

~~~

Three hours later, we had already watched a movie and conversed a lot. I had already bid my farewell to my dear Chanyeol, as well as to Baekhyun.

"I'll take you downstairs," Chanyeol said, getting up from the floor.

I shook my head. "N-no. Hwanchul is already there, waiting for me." I smiled and hurriedly stepped out of the apartment. Immediately, I walked my way to the stairway, where I would wait for Baekhyun.

About five minutes later, I heard careful steps approach me. Baekhyun.

"What?" I snapped as soon as his face appeared in front of me.

He smirked and gave me a defying look. "So Sun-hee, I seem to have noticed something that I shouldn't have," he began, the smirk on his face widening by the second. Crap.

"I'm listening."

"You say you like Minseok, but the truth is, and you and I both know it is, that you like Chanyeol. Am I wrong?" He cocked an eyebrow.

I felt my eyes widen at the sound of his words. I gulped slightly, cursing at myself for my flaring cheeks.

"Well?"

I was still staring at him with a slightly agape mouth and wide eyes. "I, uh- Where did this come from?" I chuckled, attempting to cut the awkward tension. I was also secretly hoping that he would think it was all too crazy to even be real.

"Hey, Sun-hee, the only person who is dense enough to not notice it is Chanyeol." He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Look, just tell me if I'm right, or wrong. I won't tell anyone. On the contrary, I'll try to help you out."

"Is there a chance for Chanyeol to possibly like me back?" I asked without realizing what I had said.

"So you do!" he exclaimed, smiling like a crazy person. "I knew it!"

I blushed even harder. "Hey, you idiot! Okay, now you know, but why won't you answer my question?"

"I can't promise anything." He winked and dashed off into his flat, leaving me alone and confused.

What the hell have I gotten myself into?