Chapter 14

Kim Sunhee

At about three in the morning, I woke up. I looked around the room, but there was no one in there. I didn't even remember how I got in bed, or where Chanyeol went, or when I fell asleep. I just assumed that he tucked me in and left afterwards. What a nice friend.

To: Channie

Thanks for not leaving me out in the cold. Also, thank you for coming today. I hope to see you soon~

I placed my phone on the bedside table and tried to fall asleep again, but I couldn't. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but there was just something that kept me awake.

"Dear God, it's three am," I muttered as I moved from side to side on the bed. "Why can't I sleep?" I groaned.

Then, my phone rang. It was a phone call from Chanyeol.

"Hello?" I said once I picked it up.

"Why are you awake?" he asked in a hoarser-than-usual voice. You can't blame him, it was indeed three in the morning.

I coughed. "Why are you awake?"

"Hey, I asked first." I heard him chuckle.

"I suddenly woke up and can't sleep..."

"I couldn't sleep either, so I decided to work on some music. I've been doing this for hours."

"So that's why your voice sounds so much like a murderer's?" I giggled.

I could just picture him rolling his eyes. "Yours sounds more like a murderer's than mine."

"Hey, Park Chanyeol, take that back." I pouted. Seriously, even at three am...

He laughed. His laugh was weird, but it was contagious. "I'm kidding. Anyway, it's better if we both sleep. You should come over tomorrow, that way you can see your lover boy."

"Stop it with the teasing!" I accidentally screamed, but thank God I was home alone... kind of.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Wha- Ah, yes. I'll be there. At what time?" I yawned. Yes!

He yawned, as well. "Just be here whenever after two."

"Okay," I whispered as my eyelids got heavier.

"Sa-" Silence. "Okay."

~~~

For the next two weeks, I either visited Chan or he visited me. We saw each other every single day he was in Seoul. Minseok was always at Channie's house, and we usually hung out. I actually felt pretty comfortable around him, which was good.

It was finally Monday. As soon as I woke up, at around 4 in the afternoon, I took a shower and put on a yellow long-sleeved top and a pair of high-waisted white shorts, along with some white leather Chanel espadrilles. I looked decent... decent enough to meet Minseok.

I exited my house and had Hwanchul drive me to EXO's residence building. As soon as I got out of the car, I got a text.

From: Minseok

I heard that you're coming today, as well. I hope that I can see you soon.

I smiled and decided not to answer, since I was already there. I made my way upstairs, and chose to take the staircase, that way I would be more physically active. I didn't really like to take elevators, except for those times when I wore heels, or when I had to go to a 22nd floor.

I rang the doorbell once, and about three seconds later, I heard a loud thump from inside. Then, the door opened, revealing Chanyeol. He had a smug smile on his face.