Chapter 29

Park Chanyeol

"So how was your day?" I asked after taking a sip of water.

She shrugged and kept on eating her noodles. "I mean, it was okay, but I'm so glad that today is Friday."

"Did you miss me?" I smirked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"You wish."

We were having dinner at her house, eating in the dining room. I had made a stop at a small restaurant before going to see her. We had decided to forget that plan of mine, where I'd make her laugh three times and earn the right to buy her dinner, since we were both really busy and couldn't hang out everyday. Still, I would make sure to have her have dinner, whether I had to send it there, or have her maid cook it for her. Aren't I a diligent and dedicated friend?

"How are your classes going? Is it very exhausting?" I paused. "Have you been eating well?"

She blinked a few times and sighed, placing the sticks in the bowl. "I'm doing alright. It's tougher than last year, but it's alright. I'm alright." She ran a hand through her chocolate locks. "I have been trying to eat well. Not that I eat a lot, you know, but..."

"It's a slow process. Don't worry about whether it's a lot or a bit. Anything is good." I clutched her hand and smiled warmly.

She fixed her gaze on her legs and smiled. Then, she bit her lip. Wait- she bit her lip!

I widened my eyes in surprise and blinked a few times. Those were two out of the many signs that Baekhyun had told me that day. I cleared my throat slowly and let go of her hand. "Anyway, uh." I didn't even know what to say next. "Minseok, how are things with him?" I asked lowly.

She looked back up at me, but not really at me, you know what I'm saying? What I mean is that she looked up at me, but didn't look me in the eyes. "We... we are doing okay. I feel more comfortable with him nowadays. He, uh, holds my hand when we go out and is always giving me affection. I think he has boyfriend potential."

I had to bite my tongue and keep myself from rolling my eyes, although I could feel my nose flare slightly. "Ah, is that so?" I smiled the falsest smile ever. "So is it okay now when he kisses your lips?"

"He has only kissed me twice," she said shyly. "That time at your house, and when we were at the hospital. I guess he's timid, as well."

I fiddled with my fingers underneath the table. Whatever she felt for me, it couldn't possibly be any type of attraction. She liked Minseok, for crying out loud! "Oh..."

Silence engulfed us immediately. I decided to continue eating, in order to cut the awkward tension that surrounded us. I mean, I was probably the only one who felt awkward, but still.

"Have you been doing well?" she asked after a while, offering me a shy smile. Before I could answer, she got out of her seat, and sat on the chair that was beside me.

I gulped. "Yeah. I'm kinda looking forward to our next comeback, but I think I'll miss you too much when the time comes."

"I can just visit you frequently, can't I?"

I pulled off a thoughtful expression. "From what I've heard, they don't let ugly girls in. I'm sorry."

"Hey!" She punched my arm softly. Shit. "Am I ugly?" She pouted. "Is that why no one likes me?"

"I- uh, but Minseok likes you..."

She blinked thrice. "Ah, yes... right." Then again, she fixed her eyes on her thighs.

So far, she had bit her lips, smiled shyly, avoided eye contact, gotten closer to me, and punched me. What if she actually kind of liked me?

"Hey, Chanyeol-ah. What's on your mind?"

You. "Nothing." I smiled and continued eating. "Sunhee."

She hummed as a response.

"You... you're not ugly. You're-" the most beautiful girl I've ever met. "You're really really pretty."

"And you, my friend, are very handsome." She laughed and drank some water.

After little over an hour, we decided to call it a night. I drove back to my residence. I remembered how Minseok said he had to talk to me, so I took the elevator to his floor, which was one story above mine, hence why I'd always bump into him in the elevator.

I rang the doorbell twice and waited for someone to open.

"Oh, Chanyeol, it's you," Jongdae said in a husky voice. He was wearing nothing but a pair of boxers. Was it really that hot in his room, or did he just really like the cold?

I stepped in and offered him a smile. "I'm sorry to wake you up. Is Minseok hyung here?"

Jongdae nodded and pointed towards the hallway, where their rooms were. "In his room. I'm pretty certain he's awake. I heard him sing."

"Ah, okay. Thank you then."

He just waved me off and went back to his room. So much for disturbing someone's sleep.

I knocked on Minseok's door once before stepping in. "Hyung."

"Chanyeollie, there you are. I thought you wouldn't come." He smiled and lied down on his bed. "Close the door and sit beside me."

I did as I was told and sat beside him. "What's up, hyung?"

He was fiddling with his fingers in a nervous manner. "Well," he said in a fragile voice. Then, he cleared his throat and looked me in the eye. "What would you say if I asked Sunhee to be my girlfriend?"

I nearly choked on air. "What?"

"You heard me..." He was so shy right now, his cheeks were changing into a pinkish shade. "I want to make her mine."

I just stared at him in complete shock, not even being able to utter a word. When words finally left my mouth, what I said was. "I need to use the restroom." I quickly rushed out of the room and went into the bathroom.

To: Baekkie

Hey! Baekhyun! Minseok just asked me what I'd say if he asked Sunhee to be his girlfriend! What do I do?!

I was pacing around the bathroom, clutching onto my hair, waiting for Baekhyun's response.

From: Baekkie

Man the fuck up! Tell him you're against it, since you, as well, like her back. Be confident, Yeollie~ You can do this. Let me know if you need anything.

I went back to his room and slammed the door behind me. "Hyung, there's something you must know."

He blinked a few times and wore a confused expression. "Speak..."

"Lately, I've been having this weird feeling. I can't concentrate, I can't sleep, and sometimes I even lose my appetite. I struggled figuring out why I was feeling like that, but I finally know. The reason why I've been struggling is because I... I like Sunhee."

He gulped and stared at me with wide eyes.

"And because I like her, no, I might even love her. Because I have these feelings for her, I can't accept a relationship between the two of you. I don't know if she likes me, but I'll certainly try my best to be good enough for her. So don't rush into things, because I might have a chance, as well."

With that been said, I stormed out of the room, and ran out of his flat. I didn't even wait for the elevator, I quickly made my way down the stairs and into my flat, where I locked myself in. I took a deep breath and leaned my back against the door.

Sunhee, I'll make you mine.

~~~

Oh, shoot! 

Anyway, I bought a new phone! Yay!

And good news, I'll be leaving to Spain tomorrow! But I'll still try to update.

~heroinarry