Chapter 21

Kim Sunhee

For the next nine days, both Chanyeol and Minseok took me out to different places. They were usually busy, but still spared some time for me. Of course, Chanyeol took me on friendly dates, whereas Minseok took me on romantic dates. I still found it hard to believe that he actually liked me. I guess it was about time someone did.

Chanyeol and I had so much fun together. Even more than with Minseok.

Classes resumed on that gloomy 1st of September, and I couldn't feel worse. I couldn't believe that summer vacations were already over. They passed by in the blink of an eye. I guess that's what I got for getting involved in friendships and relationships.

I had Hwanchul drive me at exactly nine in the morning. I made my way to my first class, and thankfully, the day went by fast. The new teachers and classes actually seemed interesting, which I was glad of.

The week, as well, went by fast. I, of course, received plenty of homework, in spite of it being the first week. Teachers didn't care at all, but at least they kept me busy. Actually, they kept me so busy that I couldn't even find time to eat some salad or even drink my preferable amount of water.

I was walking throughout the campus, when suddenly, my phone rang. It was Channie.

"Hello?"

"My Sunhee. I haven't seen you in almost five days. How have you been?" I could tell there was a big grin plastered on his flawless face that I had grown so fond of.

I giggled... rather weakly. I had no energy whatsoever to even laugh properly. "I'm alright," I lied. I didn't like to lie to him, but since I was already keeping things from him, what importance held a small lie?

"Hey, I've missed you. You know you can come by anytime. You're always welcome."

"Do you want me to stop by tonight? I have nothing to do anyway." I finally took a seat on one of the benches and inaudibly sighed.

It took him a while to finally answer. "I'll wait for you, then."

~~~

After hours of doing absolutely nothing productive, I took off to EXO's dorm. To say the least, I wasn't feeling all too well, but I did miss Chanyeol dearly. I didn't even want to imagine what it would be like when he went on tour. Ah, I'd die out of longing.

Shortly after, I arrived at the building that I had become so familiar with. I pressed the elevator button that led to their floor, since I had no energy left to take the stairs. I sauntered my way to the door that read CDK and rang the doorbell once. About three seconds later, Chanyeol opened the door.

"Ah, you came!" He quickly engulfed me in a warm hug, tightly wrapping his arms around me. "I've missed you," he said soothingly as his head rested beside mine.

I suddenly blushed. Yes, blushed. What even? "Ye-yeah, me too..." I turned my head to the side slightly, and when I finally had a view of his face, our eyes connected. For some reason, I couldn't even look away from his chocolate orbs. Our eyes just remained locked for the time being, until a small cough was heard behind us.

I quickly jumped back, breaking the embrace with Chanyeol. I turned to face the producer of the sound, and found Baekhyun smirking at Chanyeol and I. "Baekhyun-"

"I'll just pretend it didn't happen." He quickly walked off to his own flat, not allowing either Chan or me to reply.

Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck. "Please, come in."

We both went in the apartment and walked into his room.

~~~

After a while of hanging out and catching up with my dearest friend, I began to feel dizzier than ever. I had been trying to keep myself composed, just for Chanyeol's sake. I didn't want him to get worried over something as insignificant as my situation.

I could feel my body betraying me as I tried to remain strong. At this point, I couldn't even think straight. My head was a mess. My vision was blurred, and my throat was drier than the Sahara. I tried to cough, but I couldn't even do that.

I could hear Chanyeol speaking, his words directed to me, but the room was spinning. My stomach was on fire as well. I jumped up, hoping that maybe that would help, but it didn't. Chanyeol followed my steps and stood up, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

All of a sudden, I felt my body fall and everything went black.

~~~

Park Chanyeol

We spent a while chatting, catching up with each other. It had been a week, but so much had happened. I learnt that her classes and teachers were tougher than ever, but she seemed happy with that.

Suddenly, as I spoke about something that was completely irrelevant, she stood up, interrupting me. She had been acting strange, but I decided to ignore it, since I thought it would be nothing, but when she stood up abruptly like that, I began to feel worried.

I stood up beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Suddenly, she fell, but I was quick enough to catch her. Her eyes were shut. Then, I realized she had fainted.

My eyes were wide, and I was terribly worried. I had no idea of what to do, and being in this situation was not pleasant. I mean, who would want to see a special person in that condition?

Within quivering breaths, I decided to run to the hospital. As soon as I stepped out of the room, I was met by Kyungsoo and Jongin, who stared at Sunhee with stunned looks, but I ignored them and kept on running.

When I stormed out of the apartment, I bumped into someone. Shit, why now of all moments?

"Chanyeol, what are you doing?" asked the voice that I was dreading to hear the most at that moment.

"She- she fainted. I-I'll be going now." My nerves were a wreck. I couldn't even speak properly.

"What?!" he exclaimed, his eyes immediately shot open, wider than usual. He gulped. "Let-let me take her to the hospital, will you?"

He tried to take her away from my arms, but I quickly moved away because in that exact moment, I knew. I knew that I wanted to be the one to take her to the hospital. I knew that I wanted to be the one who she would wake up to. I knew that I didn't want him to be with her. But more importantly, I knew that I liked her, although she was my best friend.

~~~

Well, PCY, it was about time... it took you 21 chapters to realize this, you dense person!