Chapter 16

Kim Sunhee

I quickly stood up from over Chanyeol and helped him get up, as well. Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, with a sheepish smile on his face. I just stared at my feet.

"I'll just clean that..." I said as I pointed at the spilled water on the floor and then ran off to the kitchen.

I searched for the mop, and when I finally found it, I cleaned up the mess that I had made and tried to avoid any eye contact with Minseok. I was so embarrassed! Why did he have to walk in in that exact moment? The scene must have looked weird, although it was clear that I had fallen.

"I think he's upset," Chanyeol uttered once Minseok left to the bathroom.

I bit my lip. I still found it hard to believe that he was jealous over me. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that anyone would ever be jealous over me, let alone him.

I sighed through my nose. "Gosh, I'm so clumsy. If only I wouldn't have fallen..."

Chan smiled. "Don't worry. We're actually making a big deal out of the situation. Hyung doesn't even know you that well, to start off. I mean, I get that this is his first time sharing a mutual interest with someone, romantically speak-"

"What?!"

He chuckled. "Yeah. You're the closest to a girlfriend that he's ever had."

Seriously... such a handsome guy?!

"Are you kidding me?"

"No. I'm serious." His statement was followed by an awkward silence. Thanks to me, of course... "Anyway," he continued. "I guess he's just worried that things won't turn out right for the two of you, or that he's not good enough. I guess he does like you." He nudged my arm.

I couldn't help but blush. "Stop," I said in a whiny tone.

"I think you should talk to him. You know, explain what happened, and maybe hint him that you like him?"

"What? Are you crazy?" How could a person like me possibly do something like that? I couldn't even look him straight in the eyes for more than two seconds.

"Yeah, I don't think that would work out either." He laughed.

I playfully punched him as I pouted. "You're so annoying..."

We heard a door opening. Minseok stepped out of the restroom with a poker face.

"Ya, Umin hyung! Sunhee here wants to talk to you for a second."

"Uh, okay..." Minseok rubbed the nape of his neck awkwardly. I found that so adorable! Seriously, this guy was driving me mad by the second. One second, he was sex on legs; the next, he's the cutest person to have ever stepped a foot on this planet. How?...

Okay, Sunhee! Focus! You can do this. Fighting!

"Oh, right! I'll just... I'll be there," Channie said, pointing at the hallway where his room was and immediately running off.

"What... what do you want to tell me?" Minseok asked, taking a seat beside me.

I sat there still, speechless and nearly breathless. I couldn't manage to choke any words out. I didn't even know what to say. I didn't want to say something that sounded ridiculous.

What to say? What to do?!

"I..." I cleared my throat. "I..."

"You."

"I, uh. Chanyeol and I... we- I- we- you..." What the heck was wrong with me? I couldn't even say a proper sentence.

"The thing is that I fe-fell... back then, when you saw me over... Chan. I kind of slipped and fell. I know it looked kind of wrong, but you saw the cup on the floor yourself." I looked away as fast as I could, in an attempt to escape his beautiful piercing gaze.

I spoke up again when he didn't answer. "You don't have to respond, I just wanted to clear things out. Because I..."

"Because you?" he asked calmly, but when I turned to look at him, there was a hint of eagerness in his eyes.

"Because- because I guess li-like you, I wanted to clear it out." Wow, that was so embarrassing! Oh, my God. I couldn't believe that I just said that out loud! What got into me?

I quickly got on my feet and was about to dash off, but he grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me back, resulting in me landing on his lap. My eyes immediately widened, but he just stared at me intently. I was pretty sure that he could hear my erratic heartbeat by now.

I was sitting on his lap, facing him, while my palms were pressed against his chest. He still had a tight grip on my wrist. I gulped, licking and biting my lower lip out of plain nervousness.

He then grabbed my two hands and wrapped them around his neck. Our faces were so close that I felt as though I couldn't breathe. This boy...

"Did you just say that you like me?" he whispered against my lips.

I gulped yet again with fluttery eyes and nodded slowly.

"I'm sure that you're aware that I-I like you, too..." His cool breath was fanning against my lips, and the desire to kiss him was overwhelming.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of lips over mine, and I was stunned. I felt as if time had frozen. It wasn't some passionate kiss, but rather a long peck. It was nothing. Still, it felt like the world.

"Are you do-"

Completely taken aback, I jumped and fell to the floor. Chanyeol was staring at us with wide eyes, which slowly narrowed. And then he laughed.

"I leave for two seconds and next thing I know, you two are kissing!" He laughed some more and then made some kissing sounds.

"Tsk, so immature," I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes.

Minseok reached a hand out. "Are you alright?"

"Uh, yeah," I said as he helped me get up.

Chanyeol smirked at me. "That's enough for today, don't you think?"

"Hey, Park Chanyeol!" Minseok exclaimed. He was about to say something else, but I quickly spoke up.

"Channie, I'd like it if we could have a talk."

Minseok looked at me quizzically, but I just smiled and dragged Chanyeol to his room.

~~~

I hope it wasn't too soon>< I mean, it was a peck after all, haha.

Anyway... I really liked this chapter. Hope anyone who reads it does too! :-)