Chapter 17

Park Chanyeol

"Okay, I guess they should be done by now," I whispered as I exited my room. I silently hoped that they had worked things out as I walked my way to the living room.

"Are you do-" I couldn't even finish my question, because I was quite surprised by the sight in front of me.

Their lips were connected, while her arms were wrapped around his neck and his were around her small waist. She was sitting on his lap. What the fuck? I felt this weird thing inside of me, but I decided to shrug it off.

Stunned by it all, Sunhee jumped out of Minseok's grasp and fell to the floor. Seriously, what a clumsy girl.

I was still staring at them with wide eyes, and narrowed them by the second. And then I laughed.

"I leave for two seconds and next thing I know, you two are kissing!" I kept on laughing and made some kissing sounds. I wasn't as happy as I appeared to be, but what could I possibly do? It could be misunderstood.

"Tsk, so immature," Sunhee muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes, but I heard her loud and clear.

Minseok reached a hand out to aid her. "Are you alright?"

"Uh, yeah," she said as he helped her up.

I smirked at her. "That's enough for today, don't you think?"

"Hey, Park Chanyeol!" Minseok exclaimed. He was about to say something else, but Sunhee quickly interrupted him.

"Channie, I'd like it if we could have a talk."

Minseok looked at her questioningly, but she just smiled and dragged me back to my room.

Her cheeks were flaring, and her head hung low. I closed the door, locking it this time. Hehe, I'm clever, aren't I?

"So you guys kissed..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah," she said in an almost inaudible voice. She finally looked up at me. "He kissed me." Her ears got red, too.

"I thought so." I smiled and took a seat on the bed, patting the spot next to me. When she sat beside me, I spoke. "So tell me, how was it?"

She thought about it for a second and rested her head on my shoulder. "Unexpected."

"Did you clear things out for him?"

She giggled. "I even told him that I like him."

My eyes shot open by the sudden information. I felt this strange uneasiness again, but chose to ignore it for the second time that day. "What? You did?"

She nodded as she bit her lip. "It kind of slipped out. He said that he likes me, too." She grinned. "I still can't believe it."

"Well, you better," I said. I abruptly got up and paced around the room, while she looked at me weirdly. What the heck was this feeling? Why was I so upset all of a sudden? I was the one who wanted everything to go smoothly between the two of them.

"I'm happy for you," I said, smiling slightly.

"This is all because of you. Thanks." She had the most sincere and beautiful smile plastered on her pink lips.

~~~

After a few minutes, we decided to step out and make Minseok some company, but he had already left.

"I'll treat you to dinner," I offered, grinning widely at her.

She laughed and nodded. "Alright. Take out?"

"I'll get it myself. You can just wait here in the meantime. I'll be back in a few minutes." I winked and stormed out of the building.

I drove to a nearby restaurant and placed an order. Firstly, I ordered several side dishes, along with a fairly big service of rice. Then, I proceeded to ask for a two Gimbaps. Adding to that, I also ordered pork Bulgogi, Saengchae and two Kimchi Jjigaes. I also bought a few bottles of Soju, a few being five, and two cans of soda.

I wanted to treat her to something good, since that had been a reasonably long day, and it was mostly my fault.

Once I received the food, I paid and made my way back home. I knocked twice on the door, and waited until she opened it.

"You're back!" she exclaimed, immediately embracing me.

"And I brought food!" I said, showing her the four bags that I was holding.

Her eyes widened immediately. "Did you buy food for everyone or-"

"Just us two. Think of it as a friendly home date."

She laughed. "But what about the others?"

"I'm sure they can sort something out. What do you say we eat in my room? I think it's better. That way we won't have to restrain ourselves from saying anything." I tried to pull off an angelic smile.

She rolled her eyes in a playful manner and nodded. "Alright. Let me help you with those." She pointed at the bags.

I handed her one of the light bags and walked past her. She followed me into the room once she had looked for two plates and two cups. I placed everything over my desk. When her eyes finally fell on the food, I noticed that she gulped and quickly looked away.

"What to do?" I heard her whisper. I chose to ignore it.

We both sat on the bed with food on our plates. I ate like a beast, literally. I was starving! I didn't even realize that I was so hungry.

I noticed that she was eating rather slowly, but she was always a slow eater. Still, she kept on glancing back and forth from the food to the wall. I cocked an eyebrow at the sight, and suddenly, an idea popped in my brain.

"Choo-choo," I uttered, trying to imitate a plane. "The super PCY train is slowly approaching the dark Sunnie tunnel!" I placed a piece of Gimbap in front of her mouth.

She parted her lips and, after laughing, ate the nourishment. I smiled, feeling accomplished.

I finished my first bottle of Soju. I noticed she had downed her first one, as well. She was so resistant to alcoholic beverages... I think she could even beat Minseok at it.

"Are you not hungry? Or do you not like the food?" I asked after swallowing some Bulgogi.

She sighed. "No, it's not that. I'm- I just, I'm still... uh, thinking about this afternoon. My stomach feels kind of fluttery." She giggled rather loudly and with her chopsticks, grabbed a big piece of Saengchang and ate it.

There was a small trace of red pepper paste on her lips, and I laughed. She pouted and then glared.

I suddenly got the want to clean it with my own lips... Please, don't judge me for being a hormonal young adult. I didn't know what got into me, but I wanted to place my lips on hers.

But guess what?

I did not.