Chapter 10

Park Chanyeol

A few hours later, most of the boys were sleeping in either the floor, the couch, or one of the rooms. They couldn't just walk up to their own apartments... Ugh, these guys. The only ones who were awake were Baekhyun, Minseok and I. Sunhee was currently in the bathroom.

"So hyung," Baek began saying, speaking to Minseok. "How do you like Yeollie's new friend? I personally find her to be cute." He had a small smirk on his face.

"Hey! Don't even think about it," I said, punching his arm.

"I'm just kidding." He rubbed his arm. "Wow, you've gotten stronger."

Minseok laughed. "I agree with you, Baekhyun. She really is attractive. But, I must ask, Chanyeol, do you like her?"

"What? Not at all! We're just good friends. Also, I know I shouldn't be telling you this, but she likes you the most out of us eight." I winked.

Baekhyun groaned. "Damn, I thought that would be me."

"She thinks you're the cutest one, Baek, but she likes Minseok better as an overall."

"She does?" Minseok asked, clearly taken aback. "Really?"

I nodded. "You should try to get to know her better. She's really nice. A bit younger than you are, but who cares? I think you guys would hit it off pretty well."

Minseok smiled. "I could try... but I don't really know how to approach her about it." His cheeks turned light pink.

Baekhyun laughed. "Hyung is blushing, hyung is blushing!"

"Hey! Stop it, Baek!" Minseok exclaimed, but blushed even more.

I laughed for the nth time that night. "Just ask for her number. She'll probably leave soon, so act fast."

Right then, we heard the sound of a door opening. Sunhee stepped out of the bathroom. She looked over at us and a smile formed on her lips. She walked closer to us.

"I guess I should call to pick me up, it's kind of late."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll accompany you."

We strolled over to the balcony. I slid the door close and turned to look at her. "He is interested. See? I told you!"

"What? What are you talking about?"

I rolled my eyes. "Umin hyung, he thinks you're attractive. He'll be asking for your number before you leave, so brace yourself and don't be awkward about it."

She looked stunned. "Alright..." She then called her driver and told him to pick her up.

We went back inside, where Minseok and Baekhyun were discussing some things over. I looked at her, and she had her lips pursed. I knew she was mentally preparing for when Minseok asked for her number, but let's face it... it's nearly impossible to prepare yourself for something like that, and even more when you're Kim Sunhee.

"Sunhee," Minseok said, connecting his eyes with hers. "Can we talk for a second?"

She blinked thrice and nodded. She left with Minseok to the kitchen.

Baekhyun looked at me expectantly as I stared at the two of them walking off. He scooted closer to me and asked, "Are you sure you don't like her?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Of course I'm sure. Why would you ask that, anyway?"

He shrugged. "I don't really know, but I think you two would look good together. Maybe you should-"

"No. She needs a sweet and sensible guy like Minseok. I just- I want things to work out perfectly fine for her."

Baek bit his lower lip and bobbed his head.

~~~

Kim Sunhee

I felt extremely nervous as Minseok and I approached the kitchen. I already knew what this was all about, but I still felt uneasy and wasn't mentally ready, ready in any way. I leaned my body against the counter as he stood before me.

With a slight drop of uncomfortableness in his eyes, he looked into mine. One of his eyebrows was slightly raised. Ah, he looked so handsome.

"What is it that you want to talk to me about, Minseok-ssi?"

"So," he began saying, slowly digging his hands in his pockets. "I'm really glad we've met today. I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime, to dinner, perhaps? Whatever you please, as long as we keep contact." He smiled and bit his lip slightly. Dang, that guy, seriously...

"I-I'd love to," I stuttered. Jesus, what an awkward girl.

Hey, Sunhee! Stop being so difficult!

"So I was wondering if you would mind exchanging numbers? You know, in order for us to keep in touch."

"Okay."

I handed him my cellphone and he gave me his. We both saved our numbers into each other's phone.

Someone pinch me, please. I can't believe I'm actually speaking to Minseok, let alone exchanging numbers with him!

I was so nervous that, without noticing, I accidentally typed '선회', which means turning, rather than my actual name, 선희, which meant goodness and enjoyment.

"Kim Turning?" Minseok asked, staring at me questioningly.

"What?" I asked, clearly confused.

"That's what you typed here. Kim Turning. I'm pretty sure this is not how you write your name."

Fudge, what an idiot. "Ah, I'm sorry!" I bowed. "Let me fix that!"

He laughed. "There's no need. I'll do it myself," he said with a warm smile on his face.

I just blushed and looked down, while I mentally face-palmed. I was already used to ridiculing myself in front of a guy I found attractive, but God, I felt more embarrassed every time.

Right then, I received a call from Hwanchul. I accepted it and put the phone against my ear. "Miss Sunhee, I'm already downstairs. I'll be waiting for you."

"Alright, Hwanchul. I'll be there in a few." I hung up.

I turned to look at Minseok, who was already looking at me. "I guess I'll be going," I said, smiling shyly. You might think this was some sort of an act of coyness, but really, I was just too shy and awkward to bear.

"Okay." He smiled.

I walked out of the kitchen. Right when I stepped into the living room, Chanyeol and I made an unexpected eye contact. I looked away quickly and gulped. He was definitely going to ask what had happened.

"Uh, I'll be going now. It was a pleasure, Baekhyun." I bowed and smiled. I walked closer to where Chan was.

He got on his feet and got closer to me. We both smiled toothed smiles. Chanyeol grabbed my arm and wrapped his arms around my torso, and my arms were still by my sides. It's not like we hadn't hugged before, but I was honestly stunned.

"I'll take you downstairs. It's too late for such a pretty lady to be walking on her own," he said once he let go of me and chuckled.

I laughed and slapped his arm playfully. "Okay, let's go."

We headed out, and soon after, Chanyeol asked, "How did it go?"