Chapter 23: Emma's POV

Will and I run through the forest until the camp is out of sight. We then stop and take a break. "So do you want to talk?" I ask. Might as well try to get to know Will if we're stuck here. "My dad died when I was two from cancer."

"I don't even know my parents," Will says. "I'm adopted." I look at Will.

"What?" I ask.

"I live in a foster home," Will says. "I just use the last name of the owners of the house, which is Greene. Also that's why I didn't want to work at my place. It's embarrassing."

"You shouldn't be embarrassed about it. I'm not going to judge you," I say. Will shakes his head.

"This was a nice chat but we need a plan otherwise we're both going to be in cells," Will says.

"We don't even know where we're going," I say.

"Hey, you're the one who wanted to just scram from the camp," Will says. "I think-" We hear a crunch nearby. I pull out the sword Will got for me and Will has his bow ready.

"Who's there?" I ask. A man emerges holding a sword out.

"I could ask you the same question, love," the man says with a thick Irish accent.

"My name is Emma," I say. "Now who are you?" I point my sword at the man.

"Killian Jones," the man says, "or better known as-" He reveals his other arm which has a hook where a hand should be.

"Captain Hook," Will says. "Aren't you the bad guy?" Hook chuckles.

"Not even close," Hook says.

"Why should we trust you?" I ask. Hook puts his sword away.

"Because I know who you two are," Hook says. He pulls out a sheet of paper and hands it to me. "You two are the ones the prophecy speaks of." I look at the drawing and it's Will and I. Will has a bow and I have a sword. I put my sword away.

"We just left the rebel camp," I say.

"You two came from that place?! Come with me. If he finds out you left, he'll turn this place into a death trap within seconds," Hook says. He motions for us to follow him. Will and I reluctantly follow Hook. He leads us to a huge pirate ship.

"Is this the Jolly Roger?" Will asks.

"Indeed it is, mate," Hook says. "I need to take you to someone."

"Who?" I ask as Will and I board the ship.

"A fairy who is very excited to meet the both of you," Hook says as he goes to the wheel.

"Does this fairy have a name?" I ask.

"Tinkerbell," Hook says. He steers the ship. Will looks at me then pulls me towards the front of the ship to talk to me.

"EJ this is crazy. How can any of this be true?" Will asks. "What happened to figuring a way out of this place?"

"Maybe this Tinkerbell can help us," I say. "Hook hasn't killed us yet so I'm saying we trust him. I trust him more than Lewis and Maria." Will seems surprised by that.

"Really? I thought you liked him since he was basically Luke's doppelgänger," Will says.

"Lewis may look like Luke but he's nothing like him," I say. "They are two totally different people." Will seems slightly relieved to hear that. "Something is still bugging you. What is it?" He shakes his head. "Will, you trust me and I trust you. Why won't you talk to me?"

"It's stupid," he says shyly. I lift his head up.

"I promise I won't make fun of you," I say with a small smile. He takes a deep breath and nods. He's about to speak when the boat jerks.

"Emma! Will! Prepare for battle! We're under attack!" Hook says as he turns the wheel.