Chapter 18: Jessica's POV

"If it's anything like in the TV show, it's probably not that great," I say. James gives me a look. "What?"

"Is that really what you're basing it on?" James asks. "What about in the stories where Peter Pan was the good guy and Captain Hook was the bad guy?"

"I like Hook as a good guy," I say with a smirk. Kyle rolls his eyes.

"Are we going to argue about different versions of Peter Pan or are we going to get me to wherever Emma and Will are?" Kyle asks James and I.

"It's Neverland, Kyle," James says.

"Yeah I am not calling it that," Kyle says.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Still kind of weird," Kyle says.

"Good point," I say. "So go ahead and go to sleep."

"There has to be a faster way," James says. "Maybe we can knock him out."

"No! Besides it has to happen by choice," I say. James gives me a sideways look. "What?"

"I thought you didn't care about Neverland?" James asks with a smug look.

"I don't. This is what I learned from Emma," I say which wipes the smug look off of James's face. "Okay Kyle are you ready?" He nods and goes into the living room and lays on the cough. He is out of earshot from James and I. "Do you think this'll work?"

"He'll get there, that's for sure but," James starts.

"But what?" I ask, worried.

"But it's hard to say where he will appear. It doesn't help that we don't know where Emma and Will ended up on the island. If it's anywhere near where the kids who visit in their dreams go."

"How do you know all of this?" I ask. "Did Emma tell you?"

"Yes and no," James says. I give him a quizzical look. "It's complicated!"

"Well un-complicate it then," I say, crossing my arms. "Have you been to Neverland before?" James nods his head. I honestly didn't expect him to admit it. I thought I'd have to grill it out of him or something. "But how did you get there? Was it by the shadow? Through your dreams?" I don't list the last option because it breaks my heart if it is the last one.

"No. Nothing like that," James says.

"Then how?" I ask. "If it wasn't any of those ways then what?"

"A portal opened up to me and it sucked me in," James says.