Chapter 17: Will's POV

Maria forcefully pushes me into the cell they have and she locks it tightly. "Is this really necessary?" I ask. "Putting me in a cell for making a joke?"

"We don't joke around here, muchacho," Maria says. "When you're ready to cooperate, I'll let you out." She begins to walk out.

"Wait!" I exclaim. I have no idea where I'm going with this. Maria turns and looks at me.

"¿Qué?" Maria asks.

"Do you speak fluent Spanish?" I ask. I have no idea why I just asked that.

"Responde esto a su pregunta?" Maria asks. Her accent is kinda hot. Wait what? "Now what's the real question?"

"The real pregunta is why are you so hostile?" I ask. "I honestly did nothing wrong." Maria crosses her arms.

"You mocked this land," Maria says. "I don't take that lightly."

"Maybe it's because I don't know very much about this place," I say. "Why don't you tell me about it? For starters you can answer why is this land no longer in control by the good guys?" Maria sighs.

"Bueno. I'll tell you," Maria says. "I guess you do deserve an explanation. Escuchen because this is a long story...

A long time ago there was a man who believed in magic. He even tried to make magic happen with his own two hands but alas he could not. He grew more and more frustrated as he failed to conjure magic. Years went on and he grew depressed and lonely. He lost all hope on being able to conjure magic, but he quickly forgot about his sorrows when he met a woman. They fell madly in love with each other and soon got married afterwards. Later, his wife got pregnant and gave birth to a son. The man's son had the power of magic within him. When the man discovered this, he was overjoyed but then began to question why this was. He did some research and discovered that his son had been born out of true love, the most powerful magic in the universe. The man decided to teach his son how to use magic and the son became very powerful. The power went to the man's head and he soon grew evil. He told his son to steal things to get all of his desires and everything he ever wanted, but the son refused. The son wanted to use his powers for good. This made the man furious. The man then tried to kill his son but the son had created a portal to a faraway land where only good can rein. The son traveled to his new land and made it a place where kids could visit if they felt unwanted or unloved. The son called it Neverland."

Maria looks at me, waiting for a response. "What was the son's name?" I ask.

"We don't know the real name of the son, but he called himself Peter Pan," Maria says. "You were right before when you said that he was the leader, but I didn't like your mocking tone."

"I didn't mean to be rude. I'm sorry if I offended you," I say. "It's just that I never really believed in these sorts of things. As a kid I focused more on sports with my older brother." Maria gives me a confused look.

"Sports?" she asks. I think for the Spanish translation.

"Deportes," I say.

"I know what it translates to but I don't know what it means," Maria says.

"Oh. Well there's football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, tennis, swimming, gymnastics, and many more," I say. Maria still has a confused look on her face. "Do you need the Spanish translations?"

"Fútbol americano, baloncesto, béisbol, softbol, fútbol, voleibol, tenis, natación, y gimnasia," Maria says. "I'm fluent remember?" I laugh.

"I see. Well maybe sometime I can show you some of those," I say. Maria smiles at me but quickly stops and blushes when Lewis and EJ walk in. "Well howdy."

"Can Will come out now Maria?" EJ asks. "We really need to figure out a way out of here."

"Aww come on EJ. We're having fun," I say with a cheeky smile. EJ rolls her eyes.

"I don't think the lad is ready yet, love," Lewis says, crossing his arms. "He still has so much to learn."

"Well Maria just told me the whole backstory of this place so I don't know what else I need to learn," I say. Lewis looks at Maria.

"You did what?!" Lewis asks angrily. He then takes a deep breath. "No matter, love, I guess it's time to tell Emma too."