Chapter 48: The Beginning

Everything's happening too fast. Alvy faced the ledge and closed his eyes. He leaned forward and in his mind, he accepted Michael's hand. They exchanged smiles and both faced the lowest ground.

"ALVY!!! NO!!!" Before Alvy was able to fall of building, Greg climbed the ledge as well and immediately grabbed Alvy's collar and he jumped together with Alvy on the rooftop's ground, saving him from falling down the very bottom. 

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Still holding Alvy's collar, Greg shouted at Avly's face out of fear and anger. He thought he was really going to lose his future brother-in-law. But Alvy just looked at him with the blankest expression. He doesn't really get what's happening. He couldn't focus on whatever Greg was yelling at him when he's just looking at Michael who has disappointment visible in his eyes. Nakatingin lang si Michael sa kaniya na para bang pinagtaksilan siya. And Alvy felt extremely guilty about it. He feels like he just betrayed Michael, when he thinks that he's the only one who can understand him. 

"Michael..." He tried to call out for him, but Michael just looked at him and then, he vanished into thin air. 

Ng makabawi na si Dennise sa pagkagulat niya, she immediately rushed to Alvy and hugged him so tight. So tight that no space is left in between them. So tight like they will never separate anymore. 

A l v y

Iyak lang ng iyak si Den habang yakap yakap niya ako. I don't really know what to say. Confusion is all over me. I don't understand what's happening around me anymore. 

I looked at her and a part of me felt like I belong in her arms, but another tells me that she's the person who wantet to leave me as well. I want to hug her back. I badly want to do so, but there's this hesitation. There's this feeling of love and hate at the same time. But then, when I saw how her tears fell down from her face, my heart felt like it was bursting. I promised. Though I already broke it so many times, I promised that I will never let her cry again. And it pains me. It pains me so bad that every time she cries, I'm the reason. I'm the reason behind those tears. And she doesn't deserve that. She doesn't deserve me. Not at all. 

"Don't do that again!" She yelled at me. There's pain and fear visible in her voice. "I thought I was really going to lose you! I really thought that..." She couldn't continue her words because she started having hiccups because of too much crying. 

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." She repated as she hit my chest, and I accepted all the beating that she could give me. 

"I'm sorry..." Those are the only words that came out of my mouth. I missed her, I'm sure of that. Since the night that she told me she wanted me no more, I have to admit that I still longed for her. I dreamt of her during the  nights that I would keep on crying until I close my eyes when I get tired. I want her. I really do. I lived my life, wishing for her for many years. No matter how painful the words she uttered that night, I still love her. And I know, deep down, that I will always do. That will never change. 

"Why do you have to hurt me like this?" She asked. "Why?!" She shouted. And I just remained silent, speechless, with no words to  say. I just stared at her and I wiped the tears falling down her rosy cheeks. 

"I'm sorry Alvy..." She said with sincerity after she was able to compose herself a bit. "Hindi ko kaya na mawala ka! So don't you ever do that again!" She shouted. Her tears won't stop flowing. She embraced me again so tight like she doesn't want me to go somewhere, like she doesn't want me to leave her side. 

And just like that, I hugged her back. I let go of all the fear. I let go of all the reasons of hate for her. I love her. It's as simple as that. And I guess, that feeling will never change. I know, that no matter what happens, I'll keep on loving her.