Chapter 37: The Voice

A l v y

It's been a week after that supposed party. I had to calm everyone down before they start trashing my place. The others ended laughing it off and just went back to eating like nothing happened. Pero si Den at Rachel, may cold war pa.

Rachel apologized to me with what she did. Sabi niya, nagpadala lang siya sa emosyo niya. And I understand her. She's been the one who kept on understanding me back in Boston, and I should do the same for her.

"How's work so far?" Umupo ako sa sofa ng office ni Myla. She started working immediately the next day after that dinner. I had to apologize to her many times dahil sa nangyari. But she said it's okay and it was quite fun for her.

"Masaya naman. The staffs are very nice to me. I feel at home naman." She said, smiling. "How about you and Dennise? How are things so far?"

Back in Korea, I had the chance to talk to Myla. I told her na meron na akong gustong pakasalan na iba at si Grand lang ang nag-arrange sa'ming dalawa. She said that she knows. Wala rin raw kasi siyang interes na ikasal dahil gusto niya pang magfocus sa profession niya, which she is very good at. We just settled ourselves as close friends.

"Is she still treating you coldly?" She asked while making some coffee for us.

I sighed heavily. Since that dinner, Den has been treating me coldly. Ilang beses ko na siyang inayang lumabas at bumawi sa kaniya but she kept on ignoring me.

"It's worse than I expected. She wouldn't even notice me. Kakausapin niya lang ako pag kailangan." Nagsusumbong na sabi ko. I don't know. I feel comfortable telling all my problems to Myla. Siguro nandun na rin yung fact na psychiatrist siya kaya alam kong maiintindihan niya ako.

"Alvy, how will you fix things kung nandito kang nagrereklamo sa'kin? Suyuin mo. You know women. Gustong gusto nilang sinusuyo sila."

"Eh ayaw nga niya diba? Iniiwasan niya ako lagi. She acts like I don't even exist."

"So susuko ka na? Iisang buwan pa lang kayo, ganiyan na. How will you face things in the future if you can't even fix simple things like this?" Myla handed me the coffee she made. "Kaya nga lalaki ka diba? Kahit na sabihin na nating ang babae ang may kasalanan, trabaho niyo paring intindihan kaming mga babae."

I guess she's right. Nothing will happen if I just complain here. Thinking deep on how I can mend things with Den, it was disrupted when I heard my phone ringing.

I wanna love you; and treat you right.

"Sorry Myla. I'll just have to answer this." I checked my phone and it's Michael calling.

"Huh? Did your phone ring?" Myla looked at me with confusion written all over her face.

"Yes. You didn't hear it?" I asked.

"No, I didn't."

I just shrugged it off. I went outside Myla's office and answered Michael's call.

"Oh, Michael. Napatawag ka. Bakit?"

"Doc! Pasok na ako sa team! I passed the test! Woooooo!" He shouted with utmost joy. Kahit nabingi na ako sa sigaw niya, I can't help but smile upon hearing the good news.

"Wow! That's great! Ang galing mo Michael!" I cheered.

"You don't know how thankful I am to you doc! Thank you!" Kahit di ko siya nakikita, I can hear how he's jumping high because of how happy he is.