Chapter 45: The Past

D e n n i s e

"How did it go?" Myla approached me as soon as she saw me going out of Alvy's room.

"It's worse. He really thinks that Michael is real."

"I'm sorry..."

"It's been a weak since he got here. Wala pa rin bang progress?"

"No. Even though with all the evidences that we showed him, ayaw niya pa ring maniwala. It's really hard to cure someone if the patient doesn't want to be cured."

I glanced at Alvy's room first before we started walking away. I sighed heavily. I'm not used to seeing him like that. He always had this strong aura around him, but now he looks so helpless.

"So how's the ER? Do they know what happened?" Myla asked as we started walking down the stairs.

"They know. They wondered why Alvy was taken here. Syempre nagulat silang lahat. Especially my brother, hindi niya raw talaga nahalata. They all want to see him."

"How about Liza?"

"Of course she's the most affected. She didn't know that her brother was suffering this much. She kept on crying. Good thing that Rachel kept on comforting her. Lumipat muna si Rachel sa bahay nila para maalagahan niya si Liza. Hindi niya kayang makita ang kuya na ganun ang kalagayan kaya ayaw niya itong bisitahin. She said she'll gather more courage first."

"Things are going to be okay. I'll assure you that. Tomorrow, we'll try different methods. It's still a wonder for us why he created Michael that is exactly like Vic. We think na hindi rin siya makaget over sa pagkamatay ng best friend niya pero alam kong may mas malalim pa dun. He created an illusion that he wanted to protect for some reason."

"What do you mean?"

"He's so attached to Michael like he's so attached to Vic before. He created Michael that he wants to protect so bad to the point na nasasaktan niya ang sarili niya pag prinoprotektahan niya ito sa isip niya. But the question is why? What triggered him to create Michael? What triggered him to create an illusion of Vic?"

M y l a

"How are you Ly?" I opened the door of his room at nagulat ako ng makita ko siyang natutulog sa sahig. "Ly! Why did you sleep there?!"

"Myla..." He softly said while trying to wake himself up fully. "Where's Den?" He asked when he got up. His eyes are almost closing because of crying too much.

"She's going back here sometime. Pag mas magaling ka na."

"Did she leave me already?"

"No! Of course. She will not do that."

He just sighed and slowly walked to the sink. He looked at the mirror and stared at his own reflection. His eyes are totally dried. He hasn't shaved until now. His lips are cracking. His hair is pointing at all directions. There are still some scars on his face. He's so pale. He looks like a total mess.

"What happened to me?" He asked himself and started tracing the scars on his face.

"Don't you want to be better Ly? Look at you. You look like a total mess." I went to his side and cupped his face.

"If I get better, can I see Den again? Will I be able to get out of here?" He asked as he started tearing up. Despite how messy he looks, he's still that man who had me just by his smile. And I missed seeing that on his face. I cupped his face and looked straight into his eyes. Yes, he looks horrible, but there's still that charming features on his face that mesmerizes all the women around him, of course including me.