Chapter 40: Always UnOrdinary

(Trinity's POV)

We finally made it to Zoey's house and we were about to open the door when it opened and came out Zoey's dad, James. He looked depressed and sad, but then he looked up from the ground and seen us standing in front of him. His blue eyes grew wide and Zoey ran up to him and hugged him. I was right behind Zoey. Her father is awesome I missed him almost as much as I miss my mom. He was like my father I never had.

"Zoey, Trinity! Its about time yall got back." He said crying.

"I missed you so much dad." Zoey said. He then backed away and put his hands on my shoulder.

"I have something to tell you Trinity." He said looking sad, but happy at the same time.

"Its about my mom isn't it?" I asked looking down at the ground.

"Yes, but on the bright side you wont have to move away or go in a foster home far away. I would never do that to my Zoey." He said looking at Zoey.

"Why is that?" I asked curious.

"You are officially my daughter now. I worked it out with the police and the foster homes and I adopted you. I told them how your mother was a close friend of mine and they let me, but when I found out about your friend Zack's parents leaving him I wasn't able to adopt him like you Trinity they didn't let me without the permission from his parents. Plus I don't know where they went." He said looking down. I looked at Zack and he looked so depressed. Heck it made me feel depressed.

"Does that mean Zack is going to go into a foster home or something?" Zoey asked. Her dad looked sad for a second and then started laughing catching us off guard.

"What's so funny?" Zack asked before I could.

"You see I talked it over with them and they decided to let you stay with me just not as my son. I also bought your house Trinity, and I kept everything inside. That house is there if you would like to stay there since we don't have any extra rooms here for you and Zack. That also means Zoey can go over there anytime and spend the night. Well its not like that isn't how it was before." He laughed.

"Are you serious!?" I shouted.

"I couldn't let them take the stuff out of the house anyhow. If they found all that stuff your mom hid around the house and her secret rooms they would think she was crazy haha." He seemed so happy. I was happy. I could tell Zoey was happy. Zack was too. "You just got to promise that you will still be going to school now." He said and sounded serious for a few seconds before he started laughing again.

"Oh right. How long have we been gone?" Zoey asked.

"Uh I would say a little over a week. I had to make up some excuses saying yall were sick or something and Trinity was upset about her mom." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well it was like freaking months in the other world." Zack laughed.

"Really!? Yall got to tell me all about that world yall went to." He said.

"Hey what day is it?" Zoey asked.

"Oh yall came back on a weekend lucky yall huh? Its Saturday." He laughed. "Oh well yall have to go to school tomorrow to get your work that you missed." I looked down disappointed, but yet I was happy to hear about work and school.

"Where were you going just now dad?" Zoey asked.

"Oh I was just going to go get yalls work, but you guys can go get it tomorrow. Come on inside and tell me about your fun in the other world." He said pushing all of us inside his house. We all sat down and talked about everything for hours. We started from the beginning when I found out I was a half demon and Zoey was kidnapped and I went after her with Zack, about running into the men at the village, about Tyler, and meeting Scarlet and Rose, and about Lilliana and how we rescued her and all the other demons, half demons, witches, and other creatures and got home afterwards because of Lilliana. We talked and talked for hours about all the fun and dangerous stuff we did. Some of the dangerous stuff was kinda fun in its own way though.