Chapter 10: Taken

(Trinity's POV)

I couldn't fall alseep. I just sat there thinking over what mom had said just moments ago. I feel better knowing what i am, but im still confused. I mean why me? Why do i have to be a half demon. Im not saying i dont like being different. Being different from others is kinda cool, but its a pain in the ass not being able to tell anyone to see their reaction.

All of a sudden my phone started ringing which made me jump out of my skin.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone waiting for an answer.

"Hey why weren't you at school today!?" It was Zoey. Of course.

"Sorry something came up at home."

"Well that new kid wasn't at school either. What was his name again.... oh yeah Zack."

"Yea i know."

"You know!? Does you not coming to school today have anything to do with him??"

"Well kind of."

"WHAT!? Tell me, now."

"Ok ok ok." I told the whole story to Zoey. I told her what Zack and i am. I told her what my mother had said. I even told her i got mad at Zack because of what happened this morning. She wasn't even happy about the last thing haha.

"Wo." We were quite for a few moments.

"Soo um what are you going to do about the umm pure blood demons that are going to come after you and Zack and try to kill yall?" Of course Zoey always gets to the important things first.

"Well im not sure yet. We'll figure something out." Once again Zoey fell silent.

"Ok well i will tell you one thing i will not let anything harm you Trinity. Your my best friend after all." I could feel Zoey smile through the phone, and that made me extremely happy.

"Oh come on Zo, you know nothing can hurt me not even a demon from the depths of hell."

"Haha, but still you know that if anything was to happen to you i would just go crazy." I could feel the sadness in her tone, and my mood changed quickly.

"I know, and thats why ill figure something out and protect you as well."

"Me? Why would you need to protect me?"

"Silly your my best friend, and im sure those demons will use that against me."

"Then ill just have to learn how to protect myself."

"Against demons?"

"Sure why not!"

''Haha! Zoey please though, dont do anything stupid." My voice grew serious, and i could tell Zoey noticed when she grew quite.

"I know. I won't do anything stupid."

"Im sorry Zo, but if somthing happened to you i would die."

"Dont worry Zo i got it. Hehe."

"Good." I heard knocking in the background. "Sorry Trinity someones hear ill be right back."

"Ok ill be waiting so hurry up i need to know if i missed anything at school today."

"Alright haha." I listened as Zoey set the phone down and went to the door. According to how loud the knocking was she was in the living room, so i could hear Zoey as she talked to the person at the door.

"Hello?" I heard Zoey open the door.

"Hello may we come in?" We? Huh i guess theres two people.

"Im sorry my fathers not here right now. That is who your looking for right?"

"Yes we are, so can we just wait here until your father gets here?"

"Im sorry i really cant allow that. My father says to never let people i dont know in, even if its someone who says they know him."

"Its alright, but we came here to pick something up." I wonder what they needed to pick up.

"Oh what is it i can go get it if you need."

"You." WAIT WHAT!!!!! My eyes grew wide as i heard Zoey scream and the door slam shut.

I could feel my heart race. I already knew my eyes were red and my tail and ears were showing. With out thinking my legs started moving on their own. I crashed on the floor as i left my room and jumped down the stairs not having time to walk down them. I could tell Zack and my mother heard it and Zack ran out of the guest bedroom.

"What is it? Where are you going!" I heard my mom yell when i didnt reply, but i didn't care.

"Trinity! Whats going on?!" I didnt care about them. I ran out of the door and ran at full speed to Zoey's house. I heard someone following me, it was probably Zack.

I began to run towards Zoey's scent knowing she wasn't at her home. I could still hear Zack yelling and screaming at me to stop, but i didn't, all i cared about was finding Zoey. I knew what took her, but i didnt care about that either. I knew that this might happen. As soon as i found out about all this i should have went straight to Zoey knowing hat she would be in danger.

"Damn it!"

Fully aware of my tail and ears showing and people around i didn't care if they saw. I wasnt even thinking straight. All i could think of was Zoey and finding her.

"Trinity!" I felt a hand on my shoulder pull me back.

"WHAT!" As soon as i released my voice at whoever it was they backed away.

"Trinity whats going on with you?'' I was getting mad and we were wasting time, so i used the least amount of words possible.

"Demons took Zoey!" I turned back around after seeing that those three words knocked the breath out of Zack. I began to run somewhere. I wasn't sure where i was until i seen a huge tree. Then i notice how far i ran. I was miles away from home. Its only been maybe 10 minutes. I was in a huge open feild that spread for miles itself. You couldn't see where the field began and ended. In the middle of this field was a huge tree. I headed toward the tree which was where Zoey's scent was coming from.

I was at the tree and there was not a single sign of Zoey. Her scent stopped there.

Zack finally caught up to me. I was still angry. I wanted to kill whoever were the ones who had taken my best friend away from me. Whatever happened i will make sure they pay for what they took from me, and i will get her back.