Chapter 38: Escaping

Picture of Lilliana^

(Trinity's POV)

We woke up early and went over are plan in details and made sure everyone understood what to do. I was to make sure Lilliana got out safe and Zack and Zoey were to get everyone else out. Scarlet told us they were hiding out in a huge base in the middle of the forest miles away from any other villages or territory's. It would take us almost all day to get there so when we got done explaining everything we left the castle immediately. We had some trouble getting out without a guard so I had to threaten them to get them off my back. You know what? Being queen is not fun. I cant wait to get back.

We had to steal a wagon. Ill give it back when were done with it though...

When we were walking I remembered I grabbed that book about demons and what not and pulled it out. I remembered that I never found out why I turned into a wolf that one day. It still bothers me so lets see what I can find out. I flipped through the book until I came across the title "Half Demon Animal States"

A half demon will gain their animal state at a young age of 10. When in their animal state it is like the animal has a mind of its own. The animal actually does have a mind of its own however the person themselves control their animal form. In some worlds their animal state will grow larger or smaller depending on which world they are in. In a demon world they are usually double the size they are in a human world. A half demon usually have only one animal state, however, there is a very extremely rare case where a half demon is born with two animal states. The second animal state usually appears later in their life. This case is very rare as in it has only happened once before rare. It takes a while for them, but after a while they are able to choose their animal state. In this case the second animal state is considered much stronger than the first.

I stopped reading and was kinda happy and that this was cool, but then I thought that this is just another thing to make me 'special'. I will admit that its cool, just gosh why do I got to be so freaking different. Not saying different is bad or anything though.

I then looked over at Zoey and I noticed Zoey was falling behind when Scarlet said we were getting close.

"What's wrong Zo?" I asked putting the book in the wagon under some cloth.

"Uh well what if I mess up or we get caught?" She said looking at the ground.

"You'll do fine and if we get caught then we will just have to do everything we can to get out." I tried to reassure her.

"But what about the ability's they have. They can just look at us and could kill us." She said looking me in the eyes. Instead of replying I hugged her. I knew what she said was true and they could easily defeat us.

"We just got to be carful." I whispered.

She let go of me and smiled and we caught back up with the others. Me and Zoey just talked the whole time forgetting the reason we were walking to the middle of nowhere in the forest. We forgot until Scarlet reminded us of course.

"Ok guys were here. Time to act paralyzed." She said smiling and walking up to us. Then she laughed a little and it almost sounded guilty. Then I knew why it sounded like that. We couldn't just go in there without a single scratch on us.

"Yea yea I got it." I said and looked at Zack and Zoey.

"I can do it with magic. Of course it still will hurt." I looked at her and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Are you sure. You do realize your asking to pretty much hurt us right and yourself?" I asked.

"Yea I know. Its better than getting hit by a half demon." She laughed. She then closed her eyes and a single tear escaped her eyes as I felt stinging all over my body. Man my new hoodie got rips all over it now and blood! Well darn it. I felt so sad when I looked at Zoey and seen the cuts and bruises forming.