Chapter 17: The Castle

(Trinity's POV)

We were walking for a couple hours till we finally were able to hear people and noise coming from somewhere in front of us. We got closer to the noise and seen a giant stone wall. The noise was coming from behind them. We walked along the wall and finally see a huge stone gate.

"Hey Zack how in the world are we going to get in there?" I asked Zack.

"I don't know ummm." He was silent for a minute looking around. "Hey look on top of the wall. There's someone standing there."

I looked up and there was someone standing on the wall. I wonder if its a guard or something. I mean we are at a castle.

"Hello!" I yelled up at the man waving my arms. The man looked down at us.

"Who are you and what are you doing here!" The guard yelled.

"We are travelers hoping to enter the gate!" Tyler yelled.

"Why do you wish to enter the gate?!"

"We have been traveling for a long time and are in need of food." Tyler said. We actually have plenty of food.

"Do you have any weapons with you!?" The guard yelled. I made it so my sword was not able to be seen.

"We are not armed!"

"Alright you are able to enter the gates!" Finally! Its about time!

The gates opened slowly. Me and Zack made sure are tails and ears were hidden well before entering. When we were finally in the gates everything was crowded and loud. There were people everywhere. Little tents as stores set up. Houses and little buildings. Also there were guards everywhere along the inside of the wall. Even on the ground there were guards everywhere. I wonder why there's so many. There were also dogs and cats. I looked up and saw a huge castle in the distance. It was a long way from here, but I could still tell it was huge. It was made out of white stones and looked beautiful.

All of a sudden everyone cleared a path and through that path rode men on horseback. There were guards on most of the horses but in the middle of all the guards was a man who was dress in all black and I noticed he cared with him a bow and arrow.

Everyone bowed when they rode past them. Even Zack, Tyler, and Zoey did so as well. I couldn't bow I was too busy staring at the guy dressed in all black. He even had black hair that was a little long. I noticed at his horses feet were dogs, like a lot of dogs, maybe 20 of them following his horse. One of the dogs starting barking making all the other dogs bark. He stopped his horse and looked around the crowd until his eyes locked with mine. His eyes seemed as if they were piercing my soul. They seemed dark and cold.

He got off his horse and his dogs shut up as his feet hit the ground. He started walking toward me as the people cleared a path for him to do so. When he stopped he was about six or seven feet away from me.

"Why are you not bowing as the others are?" His voice was as cold and dark as his eyes. I didn't say anything. He whistled and one of his dogs came to his side. He bent down and said something to the dog. I couldn't hear him even with my awesome hearing. When he stood back up his dogs started going around the crowd jumping on people and sniffing the air. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Who are you!" I yelled out my curiosity getting the best of me.

People gasped at my outburst and were whispering to themselves. The guy started laughing.

"Oh haven't you heard I'm Prince Alex. I'm here to help with... well if you really don't know, I'm here to help with a demon problem." Ahh shit. I knew I wasn't going to like him. This is bad he doesn't seem like the type of guy to mess around.