He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not-Book 2-Chapter 25

"Wouldn't it be better if I tried to shower, maybe the water power is still strong enough for all of us to shower."

Just then the door opened quickly then closed. "Daryl?" I asked.

He walked in with a couple of squirrles and a bunny or two. Glenn locked the door then joined us. "There was a car surveying the area," Glenn said.

"What, that's impossible."

"Could it be someone else form Woodbury?"

"Maybe, I mean we know who it isn't," Daryl said and I walked over to him. I put my hand over his and leaned onto him to show him I was there to talk.

"Could it be Martinez? He was second in command after....after we left," I said.

"Dead, Merle killed him," Daryl said with a clenched jaw.

"But then who? No one else could be a possibility besides Milton and he isn't a threat," I said.

"Let's just try not to worry about any of this right now alright, we are all tried and this is one of the safest places we could be," Rick said.

"Alright, you guys find whatever you need for bed and get settled, I need to get all this blood off," I said and walked towards the bathroom.

Daryl's footsteps were behind me as the two of us locked ourselves in a bathroom that only usuallly would hold one person. "Daryl-"

"I know you want to do this on your own but I feel like you shouldn't have to."

"Try the shower for me, I need to know if it works or not."

He slid past me while I stared at myself in the mirror, almost un-reconizable. I rasied my hand and lightly ran it over the welts and cuts, sending a bit of pain through.

"Babe, you listening?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"The water only runs cold and it's not really coming out good."

"It'll have to do, besides, hot water would hurt too much anyways," I said and kicked off my clothes.

I turned to him and all he could do was look at me with sadness in his eyes. "Don't look at me like that, please."

"Aly I should've been able to-"

I stopped him by sitting him down on the closed toilet. "Just stay here while I get this damn blood off alright?"

"Yeah, alright," he whispered and stayed out.

"Just keep this in mind, I'm alive for now and that's all we have to worry about," I said.

He jujst looked down as I stepped into the shower. I cried out as the cool water went and sprayed all over my welts and cutts. Daryl was on his feet and standing by the open tub. "I'm fine," I whispered as the tears fell.

"Your not fine, come on your hurt."

"Hershal can't do anything if your hurt," he said.

"He won't be, you will," I said and grabbed a washcloth, that I found under the sink moments before, and wet it. I took a deep breath before starting to scrub the blood off my skin. I cried out each time the rag came roughly contacted to a welt or cut but I kept going. Suddenly the waster was cutt off.

"Okay, enough, let's jsut get you wiped off and upstairs."

He helped me out of the tub and wraped me in a towel. "Thanks," I whispered.

I tied it tightly around me and looked up at him. He moved a piece of my wet hair out of my face and there was a knock on the door.

"I have some clothes,'' Carol said from the other side.

Daryl opened the door and I grabbed the clothes. "Thanks," I said.

"I figured you wouldn't want anything tight fitting so I brought you a loose tank and some pajama bottoms."

I smiled. "Thanks."

I looked into Kaleb's old room after leaving everybody eating downstairs. I sat on the edge of the bed and clutched my stomach. All the memories I had from him came flooding back, causing me to start into a fit of tears. I held the cars blanket to my chest as the scent of him still lingered on it. I held it securley to my chest as I heard footstepd. I turned my head away, hiding the tears from whoever it was. "Everything okay?" Maggie asked from the doorway.

"Memories is all," I whispered and put down the blanket so it could be used by someone else.

"That's all any of us really have now ya know...memories."

I smiled and started wiping off my wet face with the back of my hand. "I wish I could forget them though, just to make life that much easier."

"Life won't be easy anymore," she whispered as I stood up.

"Maybe some day it will change."

"Maybe it will, we were just about to eat some things we found in the cabnits and wanted to find you."

"I'll be down in a minute," I said.

"You want to talk about it?"

"I appriciate that but no."

"You sure, I'm here to talk."

"Normally I would but not about this."

She nodded. "Just come down when your ready."

DARYL'S P.O.V

When Maggie walked down I looked at her. "Is Aly alright?"

"For the most part, Rick we shouldn't stay here," Maggie said.

"This is the safest we have right now, Maggie."

"Aly can't take much more of all this mental and physical stress, I can tell she's just about lost it."

I stood up. "I should go talk to her."

"No, I would just leave her with her thoughts."

"I want to make sure she's okay."

"Would you be okay after what happened and then directly going into her old house full of memories of her brother?" Maggie asked me.

"No but I want to be there for her when she needs me."

"Right now I think all you should do is get something to eat and wait for her to come down."

I looked at the staircase, sighed, then sat back down. "Was she at least oaky?"

"She's angry, sad, and scared for the most part," Maggie said and sat at the counter across from me.

"She doesn't need to be scared anymore."

"Yes she does, just because he's dead won't erase anything," Glenn said as he took his seat next to Maggie.

"You think I don't know that? I just want her to feel safe again."

"With Walkers now I don't think any of us can be safe," Carol said.

I looked towards the stairs and sighed once more. "Maybe your right," I grumbled. TBC