He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not-book 2-Chapter 5

I've been avoiding Merle the last few days, trying to keep from talking about the kiss. The kiss that I enjoyed, a lot more than I knew I should have.

"So, what in the hell really brought you here?" Andrea asked as she and Michonne found me in the garden admiring the blue flowers.

"Just what I told you."

"I thought you were going to come back to us," she admitted.

"I thought you guys would've came after me," I said and continued to go find something to bother myself with.

"And now what? Your working side by side with the Govornor?" Michonne asked.

"What's it to you?" I snapped.

"It means that he trusts you, tells you all his secrets, by the look of that gun on your hip he must turst you a lot."

"Just beacuse I carry a gun doesn't mean he trusts me."

"Won't let anyone else, I only see you and a few choice men carrying around anything."

"I don't have time for twenty questions," I snapoped before moving past the two.

"If he's up to something, you'd tell me right?" Andrea asked.

I smiled lightly, not meaning it. "Yes, I would,' I lied before walking from the gardens.

I groaned as I turned away from the approaching Merle. I started off towards my appartment until a hand landed on my arm. "Merle," I warned.

"You really gonna act like this, I didn't mean to piss ya off," he said.

"I didn't want to kiss you either.,"

"Really? Sure was enjoyin' it."

"I did," i admitted. "But I ain't into you."

"Ain't into me, at all?" he asked and stepped closer.

I gulped and looked up into his blue eyes. "I'm positive."

"Dixon!"

Merle grumbled before turning to face Milton who was coming our way. "What?"

"The Govornor wants your help," he said.

"Help with what?" I asked.

"Party," Milton said with a cheerful smile.

"A party? How on earth are we gonna have a party here?" I asked.

"You'll see, don't think we had a party in a while, a week before you came actually," Merle commented.

"And are they a sucess? Ever?" I asked.

"Hell ya," Merle said.

"We cook a small bit of food too, BBQ, Merle can make a mean ass burger too."

"Where do you get the meat for that?" I asked.

"Our little secret darlin'," he said.

"Are you gonna plan on lettin' me in on it?" I asked.

"Maybe someday," Merle said, giving me a smirk before he and Milton took off.

I walked back down the end of the street where I ran into Michonne and Andrea again. "What's thatr I hear about a party?" Andrea asked.

"Just a party," I commented.

"And how is that possible? With all these dan walkers I don't think it's the tiem," Michonne snapped.

"It's for the civilians, they need something to keep their minds from the bad things out there," I said.

"And this is what you do? Throw parties?" Michonne asked biterly.

"You don't like it you can leave," I said.

"No, we can't, not until Andrea is fully recovered," Michonne said.

"Well, our first party here should be fun then, no complaints, let's just forget about the bad and have fun for a little while," I said.

"Our first party?" Andrea questioned.

"I haven't expierenced a Woodbury party either so this should be interesting," I replied to them while leaning against the wall.

"You've changed," Andrea said randomly.

"What?" I asked.

"Since you left the group, you've changed," she said.

"I know I did, and I'm glad I'm not the weak one anymore."

"You were never weak," she said.

"Yes I was, crying over my brother, Daryl, it's just not me."

"It makes you human, not being so careless like you are now."

I moved from the wall, wanting to slap her across her face, but put on a fake smile. "I'm fdone talking to you, see you at the party," I said before turning and walking away.

I walked out and rasied my eyebrow at the smiling people as they clashed together cold drinks and ate food with smiles on their faces. I put my hair into a messy bun and looked around. "Thought you'd be a bore and hide out in that room of yours."

I turned and saw the Govornor. "And your out here too Gov?" I asked.

"Call me, Philip," he insited.

"Philip, huh? Thought your name was actually Govornor."

"No you didn't," he said.

"I know," I said stupidly.

He handed me a limonade in a clear platic cup and I gladly accepted it. He held his cup out in front of me. "To a new life," he said.

"To a new life," I whispered and let my cup brush his lightly. I rasied it to my lips and the cold liquid went down my throat. "Wow, that's cold," I whispered.

"Generators," he said calmly.

"Not the best way to use those," I admitted and took another sip.

"Can you come with me for a minute?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure," I said and followed him through the party.

"Sir, can I have a word with you?" Milton asked as he jogged over to us.

"Not right now Milton, I have something to speak with Alyson about."

As we walked I looked up at him quizzically. "What?" he asked.

"You called me Alyson, no one calls me that."

"I'm sorry,' he said.

"No, it's not a bad thing, its just odd," I said.

He opened his room door to me and I walked in. "The Govornor suit huh?" I asked playfully.

"I've never heard it called that before," he admitted and closed the door behind him.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

His reply didn't come and I turned to favce him. I gasped when I noticed how close he was. He softly took the cup from my hands and placed it on the counter. His left hand came up and softly cupped my cheek.

"You are so beautiful," he whispered.

"Philip, what are you doing?" I asked him.

"I want you, I need you," he whispered and staeted leaning down.

His lips captured mine and I fell in. My arms wrapped around his waist and his hand fell from my cheek and started unbuttoning my plaid shirt. I gasped as his lips came in contact with the revealed flesh on my pale neck. I ran my hands through his hair before he lifted me up and carried me slowly towards his bed. TBC