He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not-Book 2-Chapter 11

I was sitting in my cell, wiping the blood off my hands, but it wasn't coming off. It was stained. I gave up, slamming the cloth into the bucket before leaning against the edge of the bed.

"You missed a spot," Daryl said.

He set his bow on the ground before pulling the soaked cloth from the bucket. He got down beside me and started rubbing the blood off of my cheeks. When he finished he set the cloth back down into the bucket with a splash. He helped me to my feet and I stared at the bucket with my eyes still bloodshot.

"Come on, we should hit the road before the sun goes down."

"We?" I asked, managing to speak to him.

"Yeah, didn't think you were going alone did you?"

I shrugged and looked at him. "Thank you," I said.

"For what? Well for one, you saved me today, you could've let me get bit but you didn't, I sure as hell deserved it."

"No you didn't, you didn't deserve to die."

I smiled. "And second, your not letting me go out there alone."

"Better me than Asian," he mumbled.

I smiled lightly. "Let's go," I said after empyting the contents of my bag onto the bed and flinging the empty bag over my shoulders.

When we walked outside Rick was still on the ground sobbing loudly. "Hey, watch out for Carl," Daryl said to Beth.

"You got it."

I smiled at Daryl as Glenn closed the passengers side of the car. "Me and Aly will go, be easier if the roads are bad."

Glenn nodded. "Be careful."

"We'll come back," I said.

"Yeah, we'll come back for that little girl," Daryl said as he moved over to his motorcycle. "I know you hate 'em but we ain't got much of a choice," he said.

"No it's fine," I said and hoped on behind him. I brought my body close to his and pressed my chest into his back. "Let's go," I said after wrapping my arms securly around his waist.

"You got it darlin'," he said.

Daryl stopped his bike outside of a daycare center a couple miles from the prison. "Do you actually think we're gonna find anything?" I asked him as I got off.

He followed behind me and shrugged. "Don't know," he admitted.

I sighed and walked over to the gate. I pushed it open and walked through, him following close behind. "Are you okay?" he asked me suddenly.

"Yeah why?"

"Your off a little."

"I just killed one of my best friends."

He looked aournd, trying to change the subject. "I'm gonna see if there's a way around back."

"Alright," I said. I twisted the doornob and it was locked.

"Let me," he said.

"I got it," I said. I stepped back slightly before kicking the door in. I turned to him and he was staring at me. "What?"

"Where'd you learn to do that?"

"I was breaking into houses while I was out there, had to open 'em somehow and since I ain't got anything to pick a lock with that was the second choice."

He smiled lightly. "Well I must say it was actually pretty sexy," he said.

I rolled my eyes but smiled back at him. "Why thank you," I said with a giggle before walking in.