He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not-Book 2-Chapter 4

I couldn't tell you my exact feelings about Woodbury. i like it, yes, but I was also wary of The Gov. . I looked up to him, a bit, because he protected us but there was somehting off. I was about three weeks into my stay and still got refused to be put on the wall and I still had Merle practically undressing me with his eyes everytime I show up anywhere near him.

I knocked on the door and I heard shuffling. "Come in," The Govornor said.

I walked in and found him sitting at his desk with his black book out while scribbling down some type of notes. "When are you gonna give me a chance to be a lookout?" I asked.

"We went over this," he said.

"I know we did but I really want to earn your trust," I said.

He looked at me before standing up. "You want to earn my trust?"

"Yes," I said, in hope that he decided to put me on the wall.

He pushed back his chair and handed me my bow. "Then let's go."

"Where?"

"We're going on a run," he said. "There was a bit of a problem with our helicopter and we are needed out there."

I looked around the scene, everyone standing off to the side. "Walker!" I yelled and grabbed an arrow. Before anyone could react I sent a bolt through its eye.

I moved over and placed the heel of my boot onto the head of the walker before pulling the arrow out. I sighed ande looked around. "Whose helicopter was this?" I asked as I joined the Gov and Merle.

"Don't know, heard the crash while on a run and decided to check it out," Merle said.

"Crashed through those trees overthere, possibly engine troubles," I said.

Merle rasied his eyebrows. "What did you do before this?"

"Doesn't concern you," I said before he went into the woods for something.

"Gov," Merle shouted from the bushes.

I ffollwed the voice and when I found him he was staring at two women. One held a sword in her hands while the other was doubled over in some sort of pain.

"Turn aournd now," Melre demanded. The darker skinned woman turned first.

"Turn around," I commanded the other girl. My breath caught in my throat as she did so.

"Holy shit," I said. "Andrea," I whispered.

Suddenly Andrea fell to the ground. "What happned?" Merle asked witrh a smirk.

"Must've feinted."

"She's been sick," the other one said.

"Any bites?" I asked.

"No."

I leaned against the wall to the infirmary as I waited for Alice to check out the women. "You know her?" I asked Merle.

"I can ask you the same thing."

"Yeah, part of my old gorup."

"Mine too."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, hated 'em all," he commented.

I smiled. "I didn't hate them, just when people started dyin' and shit, got crazy after that."

"My brother?"

"Your brother?" I asked.

"Daryl, he dead too?"

"Y-your Daryl's brohter?" I whispered.

"Was he alive when you saw him last?"

"It's been months....a long time, he was fine when I left."

He looked me over before sighning. "Make your gun visible," he said. His hands unbuttoned my plaid overshirt and spread it open so that the gun on my hip was more visible. "Just to keep them from comin' at ya."

"I know Andrea, she won't."

"She ccouldn've changed."

When the two of us walked in the two women were looking at us. "Andrea came in pretty bad, gave her some of our antibiotics, may clean up in a couple days," Alice said.

"Thank you," I said.

She nodded before leaving the small room.

"How long have you been here?" Andrea asked, directed at me.

"A couple months after I left, found this place after running from some walkers."

"We regreatted losing you, he went and-"

"Don't Andrea," I warned, trying to keep her quiet.

"He regreatted what he said to you as soon as you turedn your back."

"I had to leave, you know I did."

"Do you know how many we lost after you left?"

"Who?" I asked.

"We lost Dale, he was like a father to you, and...I lost everyone in that group."

"So you don't know if my baby brohter is alive?" Merle asked.

"He was the last I saw," Andrea said.

I heard a knock and Martienz came in with the Govornor behind him. "Aly, why don't you go and see if Rowan needs help with house calls."

"House calls? Seriously?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Fine then, Merle, find her something to do then," the gov said.

"Let's go," Merle said and led me out.

"I don't see why he won't let me on the wall," I snapped as the two of us walked down the streets.

"He wants the men up there."

"Haley is up there."

"Because she's a goods shot with that bow off hers."

"So am I," I said.

"He trusts you, he wants you safe."

I rolled my eyes. "Are any of us really safe anymore?"

As I sped past him he grabbed my upper arm with his only free hand. He spun me around and planted a rough kiss on my lips. The only thing that ran through my mind for the first few seconds was Daryl and how I was kissing on his brother. But then I found myself enjoying it more than I should have. When I found myself sinking into the kiss I pulled away. "I'm sorry, I can't," I breathed onto him before moving his arm from my waist and taking off down the street. TBC