He Loves Me, He loves Me Not-Book 2-Chapter 2

When my eyes scanned the area around me, I was in shock. What they had here was a little town, no one around, but a town nonetheless.

I let out a squeak as I was thrown into a wall and my bag was ripped from my shoulders. My bow was thrown to the ground and my gun was taken from my hands.

"She's clean except for these two, we can take her now."

"Where are you taking me?" I asked in a panicked voice as the man led me with his hand roughly on my upper arm.

"Relax, we just gonna take you to the gov."

"The gov?" I asked as his grip tightened.

"Short for govornor, he's the leader here, made this place himself."

"Is it safe? I mean, no one will slit my throat here will they?"

"We're not a pack of animals, I don't know what you lived like out there but we're not like that, we protect our own."

He led me into a room where a lady walked out wearing scrubs. "We need to get you checked out before we can let the govornor in, just a precaution."

"Didn't realize i was deadly."

"Relax, just gonna take some blood and have you checked for scratches."

When the door shut I looekd at the lady. "You got a name?" I asked her.

"Alice, you got one?"

"Aly," I said as she got out a needle.

I bit my lip and gulped. "You alright?"

"Not a needle kind a girl," I said.

"It doesn't hurt, feels like a pinch to me."

"Hell I should be able to take this, as much shit as I went through out there."

I winced as she stuck it gently into my arm. "See, not that bad," she said with a smile.

I giggled as she pulled out the tube filled with blood. "Not the best feelin'," I said .

She placed the blood onto the counter and turned back to me. "Got any injuries?"

"Twisted ankle, hurts like a bitch," I commented.

"Mind if I take a look?"

"Your gonna do it even if I say no."

She got down on her knees in front of me before pulling off my boot roughly causing me to gasp from the pain. "Take it that this is the twisted one?"

I looked down and almost threw up at the blood and purple bruising taking over my ankle. "Good god," I whispered as she moved away from me.

"Luckily your bone is still normal, you'll need stiches though."

"Dammit, that's gonna be a bitch too."

"Won't be the most pleasent thing but you'll live."

"That's what worries me."

When she ffinished cleaning my wound and stiching it up I sat back up affter she wrapped it tightly with some gause. "Didn't hurt at all," I said truthfully.

"And with no painkillers, amazed me that you didn't cry."

I went to answer her but the knock on the door permitted me to do so. "Come on in!" Alice shouted and the wooden door opened.

''Any signs of infection?" a man asked as he walked in.

I studied him for a few moments. He had beautiful blue eyes that resembled Daryl's, a lot. He was taller than me by a good five or six inches and on one arm he had a cuff-like metal thing snapped to him with a nice silver blade attached to it.