He Loves Me, He Loves Me No-Book 2-Chapter 18

Daryl stopped his motorcycle in front of an abandoned mill. I hoped off his back and he cut off the engine. "Stay close to me or Hershal alright?"

"Yeah, okay."

While Daryl went with Rick I stayed with Herhsal. "He can't know your here, you know that right?"

I nodded. "Of course I do."

"I think it was a mistake for you to come, I think something bads going to happen."

"Philip wouldn't just attack Rick just yet, he wants to toy with our heads," I looked through the cracked window at him and he was staring at me. "Why are you staring at me?"

"You called him Philip."

"Because that's how I know him, as Philip, not as the Governor."

Daryl came from around back and walked over to us. "He's already here."

I looked around. "There's no way he would come alone."

"Snipers?"

"Probably not, he wants his men visible at first."

Just then a car pulled up. I grabbed my pistle and followed behind Daryl. The large military car parked off to the side and I watched Milton, Martinez, and a younger man stepped out.

"Your still alive?" Martinez asked me.

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm as tough as nails," I said to him.

"I know that, just figured we would've at least shot you the other day."

"Oh you did," I said and motioned for my leg. "But that doesn't stop me for long."

"How are you?"

I looked towards Milton. "Not like any of you care."

"I care, I know deep inside that he cares for you as well."

"Sure he does."

The young boy and Rick walked out of the room. "Done already?" Rick asked.

"Not exactly."

"Then what?" Daryl asked.

"He knows we brought Aly, he won't talk to me unless he see's her....alone."

"No, absolutly not."

"Why?" I asked, the both of us ignoring Daryl's angry replies and curses.

"I don't know."

"She ain't goin' in there, even with the two of us she ain't goin'," Daryl hissed.

"Let me go in," I said.

"Are you insane?"

"No, he won't hurt me if you guys are out here, he doesn't want Martinez, Milton, or the other one to know he's meaning harm alirght?"

"He'll hurt you," Daryl whispered.

I handed him my gun and kissed him lightly. "I'll be fine, I promise."

"If something happens scream okay?"

"I got it, remmember I know him."

"No you don't," Rick intejected.

"I know Philip, not the governor, I know what he's really like and I promise you I'll be fine."

I took a deep breath as the door was slid close behind me. "Are you alone?" his deep voice rang out.

I started foreward, my boots scraping against the dusty cement. "Yeah, I"m alone."

"Armed?"

"No," I said truthfully before coming into his view.

He poured two glasses of some ember liquid before setting on on my side of the table. "Go on," he said.

I hesitently sat down and took the glass. I put it to my lips and took a soft sip. I set the glass down. "What did you want with me?" I asked.

"Maybe I just wanted to talk to you."

"You lost that priviledge when you raped me."

"I think rape is a strong word for what happened."

"I don't so please...cut to the chace."

"What happens here stays between us you got it?"

"Yeah, I got it."

"You guys have something I want, something important, give it to me and I'll back down."

"What do you want?" I asked him, feeling as if I knew the answer.

"Michonne," I looked up. "And you."

"Why do you want us?"

"Michonne...well, as you can tell she took my eye, and you...you betrayed me."

"It wasn't like that."

"You know my bargin and soon Rick will too, now you are free to go."

I stood up and walked over to the door. "Keep our little deal in mind, your life for his safety, wouldn't want me killing your boyfriend would you?"

"Can I make my own deal with you?"

"Lay it on me."

I turned to face him. "You kill us then you can go to hell."

He smirked and took a sip of his drink. "I'm already there."

When I walked out Daryl was instantly by my side. "Are you alright? He didn't touch you did he? I swear to god if he hurt you-"

I stopped him by kissing him lightly. "Everything's fine," I whispered as he slipped my gun back into my hand.

"What did he want?"

"Nothing worth mentioning."

I looked at Rick. "Go on," I said to him.

When we got to the prison I walked onto the private fenced in platform with Rick and Hershal. "Did he tell you the bargin?" I asked.

"Yeah he did," Rick said.

"Bargin?" Hershal asked.

"Michonne and my life for yours," I said, catching him up to speed.

"And I don't know what to do," Rick admitted.

"Hand us over, that's what you do."

"He'll kill us either way."

"No he won't, trust him, if you want him to leave you guys alone hand us over," I said.

"You know I can't do that, I could hand her over but there's no way in hell I'd hand you over."

I rubbed my arms and looked out at the walker covered field knowing what I had to do. TBC