He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not-Book 2-Chapter 3

I sighed as the warm water ran down my grimy body. I rubbed off the dirt in just a few minutes and let the water run though my hair. I flipped the water off and grabbed a towel, I wrapped it around my body before stepping from behind the curtian. I walked over ot my bed, my bare feet slapping against the wooden floor as I looked to see what I could wear to bed. I saw a white button up shirt and threw it on over my bare skin. I flopped down onto the soft bed and found myself in instant sleep.

I groaned when I woke up with the sound of knocking at the door. "Go away," I moaned out at the door, hopefully loud enough for whoever it was to hear.

"Room service," a sarcastic voice called from outside.

"Well get the hell away from me." He knocked again and I groaned. "You ain't gonna leave till I get up are you?"

The continuous knocking on the door answered my question so I stood up and scurried over to my door and swung it open to reveal Merle. "What?" I asked.

He was staring at my petite body and i followed his eyes. The white buttonup I was wearing was very seethrough and I forgot to put on a bra the previous night. I blushed and folded my arms so they blocked my boobs. I let him in and he closed the door behind him.

I reached into my bag and pulled out some jeans. I slipped them over my panties before turning to Merle who was matching me intensly. I grabbed a shirt and bra from my bag and turned, at least to hide myself a little bit. I slipped my bra over my arms and looked to him from over my shoudler. "Mind hookin' this for me?" I asked as I tried to flirt with him.

He held up his injured arm. "Can only take 'em off sweetheart, ain't that easy to put 'em on," he said with frustration in his voice.

I smirked at his frustration and hooked the three hooks before throwing my black tanktop over my head before turning to him. "So, any reason why you had to wake me up?" I asked.

"Breakfast," he said.

"Maybe I don't want to eat," I said.

"Your gonna give up a good breafast?"

"Ain't had a good breakfast since this shit happned."

"Then that's why I came to wake you, maybe have a good breakfast for once."

I studied his face, not sure if I should go, but gave in. "Alright," I said.

He opened the door for me and I walked itno the appartment. The smell of bacon hit me. 'Where in the hell did they get bacon?' I thought to myself as Merle led me into the kitchen.

I looked at the two men cooking. The govornor was the one at the stove while an unfamiliar man was setting up the table.

"Is this the new one?"

The Govornor turned to me. "Yes, Aly, this is Milton."

"Good morning Milton."

"You get a good mornin' and I almost get a slap in the face," Merle commented and I gave him a glare.

"Ain't had a good sleep in almost a year either."

"Which is a good reason to stay, you don't have to keep gaurd which let's you get sleep."

"Still don't think it would be easy for me to stay."

"Why? Got peopel out there?" Milton asked.

"Somewhere, I left 'em," I said.

"Why?" The Govornor asked as he started pileing eggs onto the four plates.

"They were holding me back," I replied quietrly before looking away.

"Something tells me thats not true."

"I had to leave, there were reasons, I didn't belong."

"I didn't belong in the group I was in but sure as hell stayed there."

"Then how'd you end up here?"

"Same way you did...but I got kicked outta my group," Merle said.

"Sorry to hear that."

"I ain't, have better chances here."

Merle pulled a wooden chair back. "Sit," he ordered.

I didn't say anything but just planted my but on the seat and had him push it in. "Do you make a breakfast like this on daily occasions?" I asked.

The Govornor sent me a tiny smile as he placed two pieces of fresh bacon onto our plates. "Only when we are welcoming a new survivor."

"Does that happen often?"

"Not as often as you might think," he said and poured me a glass of fresh orange juice.

"Did you guys make the juice yourselves?"

"We did, we have a garden here."

"Wow, this place just gets more intersting."

"It will get more interesting when you live it," Milton said with a smile as he took a sip of his juice.

"This place is pretty impressive,' I told Merle as he volunteered to walk me around.

"It's alright, not like it used to be but it's something."

"Better than being out there, don't know how long it's been for you but its not like it was when it started, more seem to keep coming everyday."

"Who'd you leave behind?"

"What?" I asked.

"You left someone behind back at the camp you were at, I can tell by that look on your face."

"Not important, he made it pretty clear," I said.

"Ahh so you had a little boyfriend huh?" he teased, a hint of sourness in his voice.

"No, not even close to that," i infformed while avoiding facing him.

"Really, so ya never-"

I cut him off. "That's none of your buisness," i snapped.

He licked his chapped lips and gave me a little smirk. "There's that fire I hoped you had, looking foreward to having someone that could fight back with me."

"I wanna work the wall," I said suddenly.

"What?" he asked.

"If I'm gonna stay here I wanna work the wall, I'm a good shot and I have perfect eyesight."

"It ain't my decision."

"Course not," I mumbled and started walking faster.

"Where you goin'?"

"To find my way around by myself," I snapped before continuing down the sidewalk. TBC