He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not-Book 2-Chapter 14

Daryl supported me out of the building and I screamed as guns started going off. "Ssh, it'll be okay," he whispered as he held me. I burried my face into his chest for comfort and I found it.

"The fog is too thick!" he shouted at Rick.

"Daryl, Aly, where are you?!" I heard Maggie ask.

I removed myself from Daryl's chest and looked around. We were in the middle of heavy smoke. "They threw out too many smoke bombs," I said and he started moving again.

"DARYL!" I screamed as a man emerged from behind him.

He spun around but it was too late. The man hit Daryl in the face with the butt of the gun and sent me falling onto the ground and caused me to cry out in pain. Daryl fell limp next to me and I startred crying. "DARYL!" I cried out as two men grabbed him.

I was grabbed, painfully, by the waist as the man pulled me up. "LEAVE US ALONE!" I screamed out and thrashed around no matter how painful it felt.

I was struggling against the bindings that were tied against the wall. "Daryl," I whispered into the dark room.

"It's okay baby, I'm here," he said.

"I want to tell you something, just to be sure you know before we die."

"We're not going to die."

"Yes we are, I know Philip, after what happened we're as good as gone."

"Then tell me."

"I-I love you, I love you so much," I whispered.

"I love you too."

"Don't lie to me, if you don't love me then don't say it."

"I do love you, more than anything else."

"I wasn't really going to leave you back at the farm, that wasn't my true intentions."

"Then what was?" he asked.

"Damn I wish I could see you right now," I started. "I wanted to hear what you were going to say before I left, if you told me to stay I would've stayed. When you tried to get to me on the road, I wanted you to chase after me, push Rick away and come after me and when you didn't I knew you didn't want me."

"That's it? That's the reason you left?"

"I wanted to know if you loved me enough to tell me to stay and youi didn't."

"But I do love you, I realized too late."

I smiled into the darkness. "At least we'll die together huh?" I asked.

"I'm gonna get you out of here, I swore to you.''

"You can't always make promises Daryl, I'm accepting my fate."

"Well I'm not, I'm not gonna lose you for the third time."

I rolled my eyes in the dark. "Sometimes we have no choice," I said.

The door opened and I was grabbed. I couldn't see the man but I didn't care.

When the sack was pulled off my head I was in the middle of an arena, the arena where Merle would do fake fights with walkers.

"KLLL THEM!" the people around us screamed.

I looked around, all the people I knew, chanting for my death as I stood in the middle of the two brothers.

"FIGHT! FIGHT TO THE DEATH!"

"Philip, Philip please," I heard Andrea screaming at him.

I looked at Andrea, with a look that said it all. Philip grabbed me and held me by the back of my neck. "Brother against brother," Philip said and gripped me harder. "Winner walks out alive with her," he spat out.